Why does my ex want to be friends but won't initiate contact?

My ex and I dated for 6 months. I met his family and friends, went on vacation together and he even wanted me to move in. However, I decided to distance myself bc, towards the end, I was feeling he wasn't into me anymore. Little things here and there, but after a small disagreement I told him how I was feeling. He listened, told me that wasn't it and agreed to try better communication. After that phone call, I didn't hear from him. He would usually txt 3-4 times/ day, but after our disagreement, he went MIA. After not hearing from him for a few days, I decided to re activate my profile on the site where I met him. After a

Couple of days on the site, I noticed his was active again. 2 months went by w/out either one of us trying to contact the other. A couple of weeks ago, I went by his place to get my stuff. It was a 5 min visit and after I left, I got a txt from him "can we b friends?." Since, I've texted him a couple of times and he replies, there's a little back and forth... The 2nd time I texted him a little more than the first time. However, he is not initiating contact with me. I would really like to get back together! But I'm feeling I don't have a chance. What do you think? Should I keep trying to warm things up? Or should I let it go? P.s. He is only had one long term relship prior to me... And I'm the only one who has met his dad... According to his brother, a big deal.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like he doesn't wanna get back together at all. sound slike he's mad at you. something you can't fix. or he doesn't like osmething about you. either way he's done. once a guy does this its over. he's made hsi decision and isn't ocmeing back on it anytime soon more than likely. I suggest asking him. try making contact. how does he knwo wether you even think of him as important if you don't try to contact him. he may feel like a bother to you or soemthing. he may see that small disagreement as a big one.