Should I give up on the guy I like?

I met a guy at my summer job who I am really attracted to. We never got to talk a lot because we didn't work directly together but I noticed him checking me out a lot. He would normally watch me when we were in the same room.

but I was quite shy because I was new in the job and didn't talk to him much.

I didn't seem him again until we were both back at work during the Christmas break. This time we hard more shifts together and talked a lot more. We got along but he didn't seem to notice me as much in the same way anymore. I tried to talk to him at a party we were both at recently. he was polite but not attentive so it didn't go anywhere. Sometime I feel like he might still be interested but then I could just be reading to much into things. I probably won't see him much after the weekend because we will both be back at school. Should I jus let it go? I'm just disappointed because I feel like I blew it by being too shy at first?

10