How far does one have to go for it to be considered cheating?

i feel like the distinctions of what is cheating varies between people/couples so how far do you think someone can go before they're cheating? feel free to elaborate in the comments.
  • Cuddling
  • Kissing
  • Making out
    Vote C
  • Sex
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E

3018

Most Helpful Guy

• I picked other because cheating, IMO, is when one partner does something with another person that is not their partner and it's something that their partner wouldn't approve of when it comes to physical and emotional interactions. If I have a girlfriend and she does approve that it's okay for me to have sex with another girl then it's not cheating. If she disapproves of it, then it is cheating. Cheating also doesn't start and end with just the physical side. I think emotional cheating is worse. Anyone can become physical with anyone that they just met. Cheating is still cheating but there is a degree as to what is worse. If a girl decides to have a guy on the side that she uses because she feels that her man doesn't fill her "needs" emotionally, then she is cheating on her man. That is, if the guy would disapprove of said actions. If the guy is perfectly okay with her having him as a physical boyfriend and the other guy as an emotional boyfriend, then I wouldn't consider that cheating since they both agreed to said situations. There's really no one thing that can be determined as cheating.

Now, I think I need to clarify that I don't think it's cheating if a girl/guy has a guy/girl friend that is just a guy/girl friend. Even if her/his man/woman doesn't want her/him to talk to any other guys/girls, I don't think it's cheating if this guy/girl is really just a friend and not her/his "emotional boyfriend/girlfriend".