I might be moving for a job do you think this flat is expensive?

I have been thinking about moving for this position, I would be working 9 to 10 hours a day so the Company, insists employees move closer to the area full time permanent position.

I worked for a company working 8 hour shifts 3 years ago but it took 2 hr 45 min to get their and back in the morning and after work which included a mile and half walk to the nearest bus stop.

I would get home and be so tired.

I have found this flat this job is moving to a city, I have always wanted to live in, I live in a town which is cheaper rent which would be perfect for a family one day.

This flat is 7 min from work which ideal the flat is one bedroom flat, fully furnished with every appliance needed and has just been put back on the market.

I would love a flat that I could be my own furniture but that's a bit expensive at the moment its £550 pcm (£127 pw) which is ($902.575) pcm and ($208.41 pw).

Lost of places I have looked at don't have own furniture were this is perfect, my mum kicked off at me about saying its too expensive that she pays £100 pw for a three bedroom house I tried to explain that city places are more expensive. And that its fully furnished ready to move in which would be ideal for me.

My step dad was on my side he said the pricing was very good and that my mum only gets a good deal because she has lived in that house for more then 20 years.

The only issue for me is that I would have to be careful with furniture not spill anything were with mine it wouldn't be that much of a issue because it would be mine.

I found a flat without furniture for £110 pw, and like I said this one is £127 pw.

I just wanted to ask what anybody thinks.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it sounds like a good deal. Moving/buying furniture sucks too, you would waste so much more money. Plus, you don't want to settle too much until you know for sure this job is going to be a fit for you. Take a leap of faith, I'm sure it will be great! Good luck

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It's hard to judge without knowing the area. You can always put a cover on the couch etc for spillages. If its not furnished can you afford to buy your own fridge/washing machine/bed or would it be worth 17poundsx52 weeks to essentially rent the furniture. I like the 1/3 rule listed below as well

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm not really sure but getting a job is hard now a days so I think you should do what you want

0|0
    0|0
  • $1000.00 American dollars for an apartment is not expensive. Rentals are a lo, most of the ones I see are more than that.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Without reading into your entire question, one of the golden rules is that your rent should be at most, one third of your take home pay (salary after taxes)

You should also have money saved up for furnishing your home/security deposit.

0|0
    0|0
  • You could go with the cheaper one you found, and furnish it with your own stuff. Might be cheaper and you get to add your own personal touch.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes