Why do ex's like to rub new partners in?

Hello everybody. Basically I broke up with cheating ex girlfriend 5 months ago. A week since the split she got a new boyfriend and rubbed it in my face. Then a month later she dumped him for another boyfriend who she's been with since. She keeps rubbing it in my face that they're a couple. PDAs sends me photos of them both together etc. because we have a child together I have to see her regularly or text her so I can't avoid when she chooses to show off her new boyfriend. I've kept my cool and been mature every since she started to play these games but it's starting to get to me. I think the main reason is because I've only been on 2 dates since the split and feel like I'm not going to meet anyone. Another part is the unfairness, she cheated and forced me to end the relationship yet she gets a new relationship 2 months later whilst I'm still single with no hope of meeting someone new.

Is there anyone that has any advice on how to deal with the unfairness and also offer me some hope that things will get better?

40

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say when she sends you text messages showing off her new boyfriends, don't react in a negative way. Instead, just ignore it and act like it doesn't bother you. If you continue to not give her the reaction she wants, she's probably going to eventually get tired of it and stop doing it.

You WILL meet someone else, I can promise you that. Take what this woman is doing with a grain of salt and know that she is only doing it out of her own self esteem issues since you broke up with her. She's trying to prove some kind of point to you that she can get other guys, but she is behaving very immaturely and needs to cut it out.

Just have patience, things will get better in time.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE