How to stop the skin on my hands from breaking all the time?

I don't know why, but my hands are always SO dry, even if I use moisturizer. When it's cold out, like it is now, the skin cracks in some places and it bleeds a little. I wear gloves when it's cold, I moisturize, and I don't wash my hands/use sanitizer compulsively (I know that that's sometimes a cause), but I can't seem to keep my skin from reaching the condition that it does. Does anyone have any "cures" or ideas? Thank you!

151

Most Helpful Guy

• You're probably a cigarette smoker. I would quit. Rub apple peels on your hands for dry skin, or kiwis.

The kiwi will definitely sting, but the results will be fantastic.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Haha I actually don't smoke cigarettes. I do have a cigar once every now and then, but that's usually months in between. I'll give that a try though. How does it work?

• reason I say the smoking is because I have heard of smokers having this problem

• just cut an apple peel and rub it on your skin, same with kiwis, cucumbers read about varies fruits and veges, they work wonders.