What makes one ex different from another?

Why is it harder to get over some exes than others? I have been in two relationships. The latest was the hardest to get over since I didn't get closure. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to talk with my ex and gain closure, but in doing so...old feelings came back and now I find it difficult to move on once again. Is this normal?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is only natural for you to have feelings surface from a relationship that you have had with someone---especially if that relationship at one time was meaningful and long. And in getting closure, it can hurt even more because you realize it is truly over and the both of you will never be as one again. It brings back memories, which stay with us for a long time, making it hard to move on. But now that you have gotten what you want and need, lick your wounds and begin a new life without him. It is now a new year with a new beginning, and I know it seems like the hurt will never go away or that you will never be the same again or find anyone else to love or love you again, but you are sadly mistaken, sweetie. Time heals all wounds and by this, you have learned from your mistakes in this relationship, and it has also taught you valuable lessons for future relationships. This in itself will make you strong enough in time to "move on." Good luck.