Is there another woman?

This guy and I have been dating for 2 months and things seem to be going really well.

Anyways, I went on his fb page the other day, just to see if he has posted anything lately. A girl posted a selfie on his page and had a smiley face comment that said, "feeling special". I looked up history and it appears he became friends with her not too long ago. I stalked her a bit and it says she is in a relationship. History on her timeline shows professional pictures (engagement photos? couples photos) with a man she is clearly in a relationship with. The pics are from July.

Why would a girl post something like this on a guy's wall? I can't think of a good reason as to why? (the selfie was taken back in March)...? She doesn't seem like the brightest crayon in the box...so maybe it was on accident. Idk, I wonder if he is dating her as well? I'm afraid to ask him. I'm not trying to snoop on him. We are not in a committed relationship and haven't discussed it yet, but if he is seeing someone else, I feel like where him and I are, this is completely NOT okay.

In our relationship, we clearly really like each other. He hasn't told me he loves me yet, (I love him.) but I suspect he feels the same. We have a special bond and connection between us and genuinely enjoy each others company. Even some friends of mine have commented on the closeness between us.

I feel he might be hiding something though. I feel that either he loves me and wants to tell me (scared).. or... there's another woman that he isn't fessing-up about. If there is, I suspect I am his preference... but still. He's mentioned to me in the recently that he hasn't always been good at vocalizing feelings or being bold in regards to relationships.

This is hurting me really bad, but I don't know how to go about asking without it seeming like I'm snooping or keeping tabs on him. I hear from him daily, but not always. He is very introverted and enjoys his private time... so I try not to question his motive there. My friend who met him recently also made the comment that she couldn't believe the unspoken bond and comfort level she saw between us. She also said he had a special way of looking at me when I wasn't looking back. He always caresses my face and hands, and kisses me very tenderly. Maybe I'm confusing love with lust and he lusts me...?

When I'm with him, it seems hard to believe that he would have something going-on with another woman. We have something so special blossoming... but why in the world would some random girl post something like that, if he didn't mean something to her and vice versa?!

I understand if he is keeping his options open and isn't completely sure about me, but I feel like him and I are past the open to see others stage. Or he should be at least informing me that there's another woman.

Please respond with potential reasons why she would do that. What does your gut tell you? Is there another woman? :( He honestly doesn't seem like the type...but idk.
Btw, he didn't comment or "like" the pic she posted.

Her profile says in a relationship, but not who she's with. It's possible she's not still with him... but you'd think she would change the status.

Grrrr!
Ugh. Thank you to those who were sensitive to my feelings and didn't talk to me like I'm some overly attached, insecure, man suffocating, pathetic person. This is anonymous, but believe it or not, the asker (me) is a human being. For the record, it is NOT too early for me to have fallen in love with him. The heart feels what it feels even though my head says, what is happening?! And by the way, I found out he was dating another woman. We talked and things are good. :)

31

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds to me that you are making much to much of this whole "Facebook farce", sweetie. Rather than imagine the worse or rack your pretty little brain about something that is probably nothing, talk to your sweetie pie about the "smiley face" comment and listen to what he has to say. If you care about him and you know he is not the cheating heart kind, then trust what he says and move on. It was probably nothing, this girl is probably in another relationship with some other Joe, and ten bucks says, your honey will probably just delete this chick from his Facebook totally, being he would see how it bothers you to have her on his friend list. Also, he is NOT HIDING his friend list, so apparently he has nothing to hide, so you have nothing to lose...TALK TO HIM. Even though he is introverted and likes his privacy, if you go about it in a diplomatic way, you will get more bees with honey than you will with vinegar.

• Still, don't be so concerned about "her status", you don't really know. He is not hiding his friend list, and if he were, then I would be concerned.

• Yep.The other woman was the smiley face one. I waited awhile so not to jump to conclusions, but then more evidence surfaced and I asked him. He admitted it, but also told me he couldn't be with her and she didn't have anything to offer long term. I was hurt of course and explained my pov. He was very receptive and admitted that the connection between us is off the charts, hence why I feel so much for him. His "hiding smthng" was being afraid of moving too quickly and repeating past mistakes.

• Hmmm...so I, in turn, was fooled by the "on the chart" Facebook friend list...Glad you got all of THIS FINALLY "out in the open."