My ex broke up with me because I went out to a party.

My boyfriend and I had a really complicated relationship in the sense that he broke up with me for the slightest reasons we were together for 2 years and it was mostly long distance... he was very controlling, arrogant and I couldn't speak to him about any and anything. We got in an argument about me asking stupid questions and he broke up with me for that ... I was so frustrated of him breaking up with me for the slightest things so I went out twice to parties without him which I never do ... and from that he says he never wants to speak to me again and he's completely done with me ... to me I think it's so ridiculous and sad that he would want to end a 2 year relationship over that ... what do you all think ?

46

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, long distance relationships are the hardest ones to uphold..I for one know this better than anyone. It takes two special people to keep it together---and I do mean "KEEP IT TOGETHER." Being you cannot see one another as much as if you were in a normal relationship(close to home), there are going to be feelings of frustration, mistrust, arguments over the silliest things, control freak issues, and the list just goes on and on. In essence, there does come to some point, when things start to escalate, where the fires start to fizzle but the tempers remain even hotter, which causes people to break up "for the slightest reasons." The way I see it, he may be angry and upset NOW, but being you have had a two year history with him, I assure you he will be back. I went through the same thing with my husband out in Egypt, and believe it or not, it has made us closer than ever. Give things some time to cool down, lay low for awhile, and I bet before you can say "the party is over", he will be running back again, missing you and feeling sorry. If or when this would happen, the most important thing to bear in mind is that communication and talking things out are vitally important in a long distance relationship. Whatever issues, address them with one another if you want this to work. And might I add, Yahoo and Skype and even Facebook are an A PLUS in the romance department. Good luck.