My ex broke up with me because I went out to a party.

My boyfriend and I had a really complicated relationship in the sense that he broke up with me for the slightest reasons we were together for 2 years and it was mostly long distance... he was very controlling, arrogant and I couldn't speak to him about any and anything. We got in an argument about me asking stupid questions and he broke up with me for that ... I was so frustrated of him breaking up with me for the slightest things so I went out twice to parties without him which I never do ... and from that he says he never wants to speak to me again and he's completely done with me ... to me I think it's so ridiculous and sad that he would want to end a 2 year relationship over that ... what do you all think ?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, long distance relationships are the hardest ones to uphold..I for one know this better than anyone. It takes two special people to keep it together---and I do mean "KEEP IT TOGETHER." Being you cannot see one another as much as if you were in a normal relationship(close to home), there are going to be feelings of frustration, mistrust, arguments over the silliest things, control freak issues, and the list just goes on and on. In essence, there does come to some point, when things start to escalate, where the fires start to fizzle but the tempers remain even hotter, which causes people to break up "for the slightest reasons." The way I see it, he may be angry and upset NOW, but being you have had a two year history with him, I assure you he will be back. I went through the same thing with my husband out in Egypt, and believe it or not, it has made us closer than ever. Give things some time to cool down, lay low for awhile, and I bet before you can say "the party is over", he will be running back again, missing you and feeling sorry. If or when this would happen, the most important thing to bear in mind is that communication and talking things out are vitally important in a long distance relationship. Whatever issues, address them with one another if you want this to work. And might I add, Yahoo and Skype and even Facebook are an A PLUS in the romance department. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It's for the best you went to those parties, so that he had a real reason to break up. There's no hope for someone who breaks up over such small things..so you may as well give him a real reason.

Good for you; now you are free and don't have to look over your shoulder any longer!

0|0
    0|0
  • This is emotional abuse in my opinion. It is not OK to do such a thing to anyone and especially to someone who you are close to. It appears that he really has some issues that he has yet to resolve. I don't know if you can or want to go through this together, but he really has to start working on this - otherwise I don't think there is any point in continuing this relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • He sounds like twig... if you were commuted, he is the type to read your phone, out a gps tracer app on it, question everything and everyone. Doesn't sound fun to me. He needs to grow up or find an Amish woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg he is completely insecure and will only get worse with time,

An absolute control freak , he's done you a favour

Just because your in a relationship doesn't mean you can't have a life

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly any dude who's Gona break up with someone over something so simple is really sad. He either too dumb to realize what he did or he met someone someplace else. Ur better off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you're better off without that loser.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I'm thinking why do you want to dare annoying arrogant controlling guy. The only thing I'd change is that you should have left him. Forget the unjust reasons behind it, recognise he's left you free and never talk to this guy again. If you don't believe me reread your question and pretend its your best friend...would you tell her to go chasing after someone behaving that way? Of course not. Forget he exists and move on

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorry but I think this sort of nasty, rude and mean behavior is all about a man having another woman and creating misery so you'll walk away. Some guys don't have the b*lls to admit things like this, so they ridicule, abuse and are mean to their girlfriend on purpose.

If it's not that, then he's just a sick puppy who needs help and you are better off without him. I think this is a blessing for you but you don't see it yet. I'm glad you went to the parties.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he is a typical douche bag dick

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes