Boyfriend does not respect me I don't know what to do to get him to respect me.

We've been together for a year on and off and every single time I leave him alone he begs me back and says he will do things differently but he never ever does so then I leave him alone he begs me back again. I called him out on disrespecting me he talks to his mom the same way he grew up with out his dad so he wasn't taught how to be a man. I can't dodge him for sh*t. The longest we stayed apart was almost 3 months I'm always there for him I gave him a Christmas present and waited for mine I asked yesterday he said "i haven't bought it yet" I said ARE YOU SERIOUS! he said "yea I didn't have the money" but yet he will go drive to his friends house or what not to go play Magic the gathering but can't buy me a gift? I'm sick of him & quite frankly he even told me I could loose a few pounds and I would be "hotter". I get that everyone is going to tel me to break up with him etc but I want him to respect me before I do so sounds dumb but at least he will say I f*cked up the best girl ever. He won't even add me on Facebook I asked what was he hiding he said he is going to delete his account bullsh*t. :-( Met him on a dating site won't go back and do it again.

20