Is cheating quite common?

Male friends I know seem to have cheated on their girlfriends in some way or another I think.

One of them said he 'dry humped' a girl despite having a girlfriend. He said he was a bit of a 'man-slag' in a derogatory way.

Another one broke up with his girlfriend before going on a holiday with his friends because 'they wouldn't see each other for awhile'. I asked a friend of ours afterward if he got with any girls on the holiday and his friend gave a nervous 'errm... no'. They got back together later on despite claims he broke up with her just to get with other girls on holiday. I've also seen him be a bit friendly with girls in clubs. It wasn't cheating but I doubt he would be as touchy-feely if his girlfriend was there too.

I have female friends at Uni who have been cheated on and from what I've gathered from some of my friends it doesn't seem to be that uncommon.

Is it just my friends who are like this? Do you think that cheating is quite common?

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• what I don't get is those guys that know they want to fool around, but yet they still want a relationship. there are so many girls out there that also just wana fool around so why not just fool around with them too. that's what scares a lot of virgins (like myself) the fact that you don't know if you are the only girl in the picture so you don't wana give it up. & the cheaters can be so good in persuading you that you are the only girl in their lives. some guys see it all as a joke or "just being young" until they really fall in love then also get cheated on. yes people have lost morals & values over the years so everything sex, religion, relationships etc has lost their meaning.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• It is quite common. Not more common than the amount of relationships without cheating. But it is more common for one person to have cheated on a partner at least once than for a person to have never cheated on a partner. Which is a quite sad and childish way to resolve your problems, I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's fairly common but no more common than relationships where people don't cheat. The odds are about 50/50 like TractorBeam said.

0|0
    0|0
  • People do it all the time. Money or cheating kills most couples.

1|0
    1|0

What Guys Said 2

• Your chances are about 50% link

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a question just like yours. I understand you... What's worse people act like "meh, not big deal" that's what makes me mad. Even people that you expect to have a diff kind of thinking.

link

0|0
    0|0
    • Exactly, I was disappointed in my friends to be honest. I see them smiling and happy with their girlfriend on Facebook yet they are doing things like that behind their backs. Even minor things that were intentional, makes me a bit upset with them. They are not what you'd call 'douche bags', they don't treat their girlfriends badly or anything in any other way. They are just normal guys and it makes me think that that could be anyone.

Recommended myTakes