Is cheating quite common?

Male friends I know seem to have cheated on their girlfriends in some way or another I think.

One of them said he 'dry humped' a girl despite having a girlfriend. He said he was a bit of a 'man-slag' in a derogatory way.

Another one broke up with his girlfriend before going on a holiday with his friends because 'they wouldn't see each other for awhile'. I asked a friend of ours afterward if he got with any girls on the holiday and his friend gave a nervous 'errm... no'. They got back together later on despite claims he broke up with her just to get with other girls on holiday. I've also seen him be a bit friendly with girls in clubs. It wasn't cheating but I doubt he would be as touchy-feely if his girlfriend was there too.

I have female friends at Uni who have been cheated on and from what I've gathered from some of my friends it doesn't seem to be that uncommon.

Is it just my friends who are like this? Do you think that cheating is quite common?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• what I don't get is those guys that know they want to fool around, but yet they still want a relationship. there are so many girls out there that also just wana fool around so why not just fool around with them too. that's what scares a lot of virgins (like myself) the fact that you don't know if you are the only girl in the picture so you don't wana give it up. & the cheaters can be so good in persuading you that you are the only girl in their lives. some guys see it all as a joke or "just being young" until they really fall in love then also get cheated on. yes people have lost morals & values over the years so everything sex, religion, relationships etc has lost their meaning.