Has anyone actually caught a partner in the act of cheating?

I can't imagine how that must really suck and luckily I've never been cheated on. Now I was wondering if anyone had to go through that? Not only knowing they cheated but actually walking in on them in the act?

Was reading this story about it and somehow the guy still tries to work it out:

link

When they're boyfriend and girlfriend, she gets caught in bed with his friend.

She is supposedly remorseful

He takes her back after a while

Years later he still married her, promising not to bring it up

Now they have a very young child

Guy recently brings up her old cheating but is also now possibly cheating in revenge after 10 years later

I think he never got over it but tried to

Not sure how anyone can even try to work that out and live with those images of them together for life. If it's bad enough knowing or hearing you got cheated on, I can't imagine actually seeing it all.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't had many relationships to begin with.

I only know what has been told to me.

To my knowledge, I've never been cheated on.

It would break my heart enough knowing If I was cheated on.

I could only imagine adding salt to the injury and actually seeing it with my own eyes.

It would be almost be like watching a video you don't want to see,

and having it being replayed over and over in your mind.

Not being able to get over something...you're constantly going to have

to face that.

Especially, if it happened in a place that is familiar to you (such as your home).

How can you walk into that room and not see that same scene again and again?

Sure, If I loved the person enough I can try to move past it if I saw they were

sincere and felt that they would never do it again.

But, if I am unable to get past it I will be doing our relationship more harm than good

because I would be constantly living in the past.

If I felt myself unable to get over it, I would end the relationship.

I had a "friend" that told me he was dating this girl.

He left her at his cousin's house to go to the store.

He had forgotten something and came back 5 minutes later, only to see her making

out with his cousin.

His cousin cursed him out and the girl he was dating was no remorseful.

He dumped the girl, but his relationship was never the same with his cousin again.

• Yeah I can imagine it's worse when it's with a family member. I guess if they're super remorseful (as seen in the link) then it might be able to be worked out but I think it would have to take a very strong person to overlook that image. I heard that's harder for men to do.

• Yes. It's horrible what she did! But then again , she shouldn't be blamed for it forever (especially, with the fact he chose to work it out with her). It sucks after that many years...he's now acting out. It just goes to show he never got over it. That doesn't justify his behavior. He needs to make a decision either come to terms with what happened, or end it altogether! It's very unhealthy.

And I don't think it's harder for a specific gender, I just think it depends on how an individual deals

• with things.