Is it legal to publish video recordings of someone cheating?

Take for example someone's wife is cheating on him in his house with someone else. The man films it on the secret camera he had and uploads it to a adult site without the knowledge of the participants. Will it then be legal and will he have the copy-rights to that video.

NOTE: I am only talking about countries where making adult films are legal

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• California so far is the only state successfully sue for someone posting a video of them. I imagine that this is goign to set a precedent and become more and more the lay of the land.

now if you video tape someone without their knowledge, not on your property and without a warrant that is illegal.

beyond that if you tape a person on property that belongs to you the person on tape can sue for defamation (the case in California that recently went for the prosecution...the person suing for the being filmed)

copyright law is irrelevant if you don't have consent from the participants which obviously means making them aware of the tape and they have to sign off on your ownership of the film

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I think that's how most amateurs videos come on cyber. Someone pissed someone off and the video gets uploaded. It's a shitty way to do stuff but people blinded by hate react in shitty ways. I don't think it's legal but what will they do? Once it's on Internet it's done.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ummmmm

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I strongly suspect that it's illegal and could be prosecuted as a criminal offense, and also have the crap sued out of them in civil court. For sure it's immoral as hell. Only the lowest form of non-human scumbag would do that. Anyone who does something like that should be tied to a boat anchor and dropped in the ocean.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It's very definitely illegal - it will vary by jurisdiction, but you'd potentially be looking at somewhere in the region of 2 years jail time, and your name on the sex offenders register.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually never OK to videotape someone where they can reasonably expect privacy without their permission. Every state will have their own laws.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes