Is it legal to publish video recordings of someone cheating?

Take for example someone's wife is cheating on him in his house with someone else. The man films it on the secret camera he had and uploads it to a adult site without the knowledge of the participants. Will it then be legal and will he have the copy-rights to that video.

NOTE: I am only talking about countries where making adult films are legal

24

Most Helpful Guy

• California so far is the only state successfully sue for someone posting a video of them. I imagine that this is goign to set a precedent and become more and more the lay of the land.

now if you video tape someone without their knowledge, not on your property and without a warrant that is illegal.

beyond that if you tape a person on property that belongs to you the person on tape can sue for defamation (the case in California that recently went for the prosecution...the person suing for the being filmed)

copyright law is irrelevant if you don't have consent from the participants which obviously means making them aware of the tape and they have to sign off on your ownership of the film