What are reasons that men cheat?

Other than the obvious selfish reason. What other reasons are there for cheating? Maybe you cheated and had a reason? Feel free to give your reason anonymously.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• well I think the act is selfish but I don't think people do it to be selfish. like it's not really the reason

I think people cheat because...

-the grass is greener adage. they think they may find something better

-are unhappy or unfulfilled in teh relatioship and rather than having the courage to break up they cheat

-don't respect their partner or the relationship and feel like cheating isn't necessarily that bad

-revenge

-no self control

-alcohol

-low self esteem which is falsely improved by seeking the attention of other people

there's plenty more. people (not just guys) cheat for a huge number of reasons. ultimately the action is selfish and in my opinion pretty abhorent. it seems so easy to just break up with someone rather than cheat on them which causes a laundry list of other issues

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Because they are surrounded by temptation on a daily basis. I doubt if most people who cheat actually plan on it. I suspect it's usually a case where circumstances throw two people together and one thing leads to another. They don't have the self discipline to resist, and bam, it happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no "good" reason to cheat. It's cheating. You have to tell them you just don't want them anymore. Don't go off and cheat

I've never cheated, myself, but I would think a reason a guy might cheat is if he tries to break up with her, but she just doesn't get it. So he goes and cheats so that she finally gets it. If she's staying with him after that, she's obviously delusional

0|0
    0|0
  • The same reason a woman would cheat. There's something they aren't getting out of their relationship and they found it somewhere else.

Women cheat more than men though

1|1
    2|0
  • 1)not having dignity

2) not having the balls to admit what he really wants

3) lacking intelligence

those are all I can think of for now

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean by "selfish reasons". If any reason for cheating can be considered selfish, can't any?

Men cheat for the same reason women do...their needs are not being met. Men and women generally have different needs in a relationship but they are both equally important to the individual. For some reason, though, men's needs are almost always viewed as "selfish" while women's usually aren't. Why is that?

1|0
    1|0
    • I just said besides selfish because I did not want everyone to tell me because they are selfish because that is what I hear most say about cheaters.

What Girls Said 4

• Usually sex. Although some study recently showed that more men cheat because of emotional reasons built I don't believe that at all. Everyt time I hear about cheating(whether male or female) its for some sexual reason.

0|0
    0|0
    • Its hard to distinguish. Women are conditioned to describe their needs first as emotional with the sexual as a fallback. Men are conditioned to think of their needs as sexual first. To some extent its how they experience them. Men are unlikely to say 'I was feeling unwanted, and not desired, and a sexually enthusiastic partner made me feel like a man and wanted and validated' even if that more accurately describes things. People who want an easy orgasm just masturbate.

• Regardless of the reason, there's no excuse that can justify it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Perhaps not, but there are actions we take that increase or decrease the likelihood of a partner picking that goes beyond 'pick someone with integrity'. Some people, a minority, cheat in most situations. The vast majority of people are at risk of cheating under a storm of circumstances -long standing dissatisfaction that they have blamed themselves for coupled with someone showing interest and perhaps alcohol.

• They have small penises

1|0
    0|0
  • They're bored in their current relationship

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes