What are reasons that men cheat?

Other than the obvious selfish reason. What other reasons are there for cheating? Maybe you cheated and had a reason? Feel free to give your reason anonymously.

46

Most Helpful Guy

• well I think the act is selfish but I don't think people do it to be selfish. like it's not really the reason

I think people cheat because...

-the grass is greener adage. they think they may find something better

-are unhappy or unfulfilled in teh relatioship and rather than having the courage to break up they cheat

-don't respect their partner or the relationship and feel like cheating isn't necessarily that bad

-revenge

-no self control

-alcohol

-low self esteem which is falsely improved by seeking the attention of other people

there's plenty more. people (not just guys) cheat for a huge number of reasons. ultimately the action is selfish and in my opinion pretty abhorent. it seems so easy to just break up with someone rather than cheat on them which causes a laundry list of other issues