Have you ever cheated on someone?

If youve ever cheated on someone:

why did you do it?

did they forgive you and if so how did you get past it?

did the relationship last/are you still happy together?

do you think someone who cheated can change?

Are they worthy of forgiveness and why?

Share your personal stories
  • Yes I've cheated before
  • No I've never cheated

208

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering there are so many people on here that have never been in a relationship, it doesn't give them much opportunity to cheat. Cheating is far more common than this poll will show. I have been cheated on by every woman I went out with.

I don't hate any of them, but none of them were worth forgiving. I strongly believe that forgiveness must be earned and not handed out by the victim. Claiming the other person needs to just forgive, only victimizes that person even more. A lot of work has to be done to mend what was broken. It is impossible to "forgive" someone and instantly restore the trust, and respect that they destroyed. True forgiveness must be earned. Very few people will do that. Most will continue to let the other person down. Very few will actually never cheat again. So few that the possibility isn't even worth entertaining.

The relationships were all pretty much over by the time they cheated, so there was no point in trying to work things out anyway. They stopped treating me well long before that. I think they may have wanted me to break up with them, so they wouldn't feel guilty about hurting me. It seems common for women to end a relationship, only after they start a relationship with someone else.