Have you ever cheated on someone?

If youve ever cheated on someone:

why did you do it?

did they forgive you and if so how did you get past it?

did the relationship last/are you still happy together?

do you think someone who cheated can change?

Are they worthy of forgiveness and why?

Share your personal stories
  • Yes I've cheated before
    Vote A
  • No I've never cheated
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering there are so many people on here that have never been in a relationship, it doesn't give them much opportunity to cheat. Cheating is far more common than this poll will show. I have been cheated on by every woman I went out with.

I don't hate any of them, but none of them were worth forgiving. I strongly believe that forgiveness must be earned and not handed out by the victim. Claiming the other person needs to just forgive, only victimizes that person even more. A lot of work has to be done to mend what was broken. It is impossible to "forgive" someone and instantly restore the trust, and respect that they destroyed. True forgiveness must be earned. Very few people will do that. Most will continue to let the other person down. Very few will actually never cheat again. So few that the possibility isn't even worth entertaining.

The relationships were all pretty much over by the time they cheated, so there was no point in trying to work things out anyway. They stopped treating me well long before that. I think they may have wanted me to break up with them, so they wouldn't feel guilty about hurting me. It seems common for women to end a relationship, only after they start a relationship with someone else.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• No, never happened. Well I do think that a person who has cheated can change their ways, but I'd still not take them back even if they did. And I wouldn't forgive her, nor would I forget. They shatter my trust once, it's gone forever.

1|1
    1|0
  • No. I was cheated on though. I gave it another chance and she did it again. I don't see them changing. They would need a really hard smack with reality to change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope never cheated ever. I know how it feels to be cheated on, it sucks, you trusted the person you were with with everything. The ONLY reason why I would cheat is if the person I am with is for sure is cheating on me. Just a little pay back

0|0
    1|0
  • I've never cheated, but there have been girls who've out of the blue told me that they know I must have opportunities to get some on the side, and if it happens just don't tell them about it... and so I didn't tell them about it.

0|0
    1|0
  • Npoe never cheated, of course never had a girlfriend to cheat on, and if I did I wouldn't cheat, that's just not who I am.

0|0
    1|0
  • Im ugly , so if a girl gave me the miracle and privelage of pathetic trash like me to date her , I would worship her everyday for that miracle

0|0
    0|0
  • no , I've been out to a restaurant with a girl I've had a crush on before I met my girlfriend - which was bad... I was going to difficult times and couldn't talk to my girlfriend , I had to talk to my girlfriend , in hindsight.

Anyway , I found out my girlfriend was sexting lots of guys because she felt ignored.

We're still trying to figure things out

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• No. I've been tempted to, and that was when I ended the relationship, because I realized I mustn't have been happy in the relationship if I was interested in other guys.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes I have - we were having problems in our relationship, and I handled it the wrong way. I feel my depression was a factor as well, although I don't try to make excuses for what I did.

He chose to forgive me after some time apart, we spent many days talking it out, and we are learning to be more open and honest with each other.

I'm still happy with him and he's happy with me, he knows that I know what I did was wrong and that I'm sorry. It's not the sort of thing that you can simply "get over", but it is a learning experience.

2|1
    1|0
  • No I haven't. You can't cheat if you don't commit.

That's why I'm commited to not committing =)

1|0
    0|0
    • But, to answer the rest of your questions.

No I would never cheat its just not me.

Yes, everyone deserves to be forgiven. We all make mistakes.

I honestly do believe people can change, but that doesn't mean that they will! They have to want to.

Would I stay with him? It's hard to say I haven't been in this situation before. I think it all really depends on whether or not I truly love him or was it just a false since of love.

Hope ths helps =)

• Yes. Because I was tired of not trusting them. That person wasn't very trustworthy and we'd take breaks on and off. I guess it wasn't cheating since we were on break = technically broken up. I never told them what I did. No, it lasted for 5 months. They can change, just not while you're in a relationship with them. They would have to WANT to change. They'd need to take a couple years out of the dating realm and just go on spiritual journey to learn more about themselves, their flaws, and how they can become a better person. Forgiving and accepting a cheater back into your life so they can cheat again doesn't change their negative behavior, but enforces it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way, been cheated on too many times, I could never do that to someone. Not even something close to it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No never will. I'd break up with them first before I would do something so unnecessarily selfish and hurtful

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never cheated but I have been cheated on twice.

0|0
    0|0
  • People are such liars. Lmao

5|1
    0|0
  • No, I have never cheated nor was I ever cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had anyone to cheat on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say I been on an actual date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never have

0|0
    0|0
  • Voted B , and will never

0|0
    0|0
  • No I have not cheated on anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I haven't cheated on anyone. I'm really against it. It's just cruel and something I couldn't understand.

Having said all that I'm conflicted as recently, after far too many drinks, I had sex with an engaged friend. He was forceful so I gave in to keep the peace. I couldn't push him off me and I was at that comatozed state of drunk. That doesn't excuse my part in it. I'm not the first or the last girl he has been with while with his girlfriend. He won't change. His girlfriend deserves the chance to find someone who will be devoted to her provided she's not up to the same behaviour.

0|0
    0|0
    • If the girlfriend doesn't know about her boyfriend's habits, I suggest you tell her, especially if she's engaged. Just because I know if I were unknowingly about to get married to a cheater I would give anything to know before tying the knot.

• Sort of...I made out with a man that I knew was married once. I was very drunk but that's no excuse. I felt terrible and apologized to his wife and cut contact with the husband (we were friends before that incident). They're still together and I hope they worked everything out. I went ahead and voted A though.

1|0
    0|0
    • Technically, he cheated. You were caught up in the affair and helped him cheat on his wife. But you two weren't in a relationship where you cheated on him so you didn't cheat lol.

• Yes I cheated once. Not full sex but it was a hook up. My boyfriend cheated on me and I thought for sure we were gonna break up so I went out with the girls and got drunk. I met a guy out and I knew what I was doing and it just happen. If I knew the guy better I'm confident that we would have had sex...Although he and I weren't talking for a few days when it happen we hadn't really broken up which means yes I cheated. And when he asked me if anything happen when I went out that night I said no and he never found out.

and ps. I totally agree with iananoel- people are such liars lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Never have and never will

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes