Ever felt guilty for dumping your ex?

Have you ever felt guilty after breaking up with someone? Guilty about hurting them and putting them through the pain and suffering of rejection?

I'm not asking if you regret doing it, but rather just feeling guilty about it. However if your regret for the break-up causes you to feel the guilt, that still counts.

94

Most Helpful Girl

• Yup. I feel guilty after I break up with anyone at all. Even if it's for good reason. Nobody wants to be told that they're not good enough. It's horrible, I'd almost rather string them along knowing there's no future which is just selfish because it will hurt them either way.

• I do not see someone breaking up with me as saying I am not good enough. Nah..I have only been broke up with once in my 43 years and I never thought it was about me-cause it wasn't. That is on them. Doesn't make me feel less worthwhile if someone does break up with me--it's their loss. Self esteem is a great thing,I wish more people had it.