Why would an ex girlfriend agree to dinner and a movie?

Self explanatory question. I'm especially wondering because ever since we broke up three years ago, she's made it seem like she wants nothing to do with me. Now all of a sudden I don't see her for six months because we went off to different colleges, and she's back for break and we've already hung out twice.

I think she can guess that I have feelings for her, since I was the one that contacted her first in these six months, and if she doesn't have feelings for me, why would she agree to dinner and a movie? Seems to me that a girl would avoid that if she didn't care about her ex boyfriend, but he still cared about her.

Could it just be that she misses me and she wants to do something fun before she goes back to school? Or is it something more?
  • She likes you again
  • She just misses you
  • She wants to be friends
    Vote C
  • Don't over think it dude, she probably just feels bad for you
    Vote D
after we hung out the first time, SHE suggested hanging out more before she left. I would have been satisfied with just the one time

126

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, glad you interjected with YOU being the one who contacted HER first in these six months. The way I see it, a lot of time has gone by,(in those THREE years) and obviously has moved on, and that would include her feelings. However, you say she can see YOU still have feelings for her, which most likely got "fluttery" when you both got together to hang out those few times. She may or may not have a few herself, but if she didn't "show" them and you didn't actually "feel them", then she most likely accepted the "hang out time" as just "two ships who AGAIN met in the night", and decided to "come on board" as-----friends. She may have missed you, sweetie, but not enough in the past to have CONTACTED YOU first. Like you said, she wanted nothing to do with you, but accepting your "proposal of pals" was probably just her way of letting "bygones be bygones", and starting out the new year fresh now.

• when we hung out those few times, I think she was subtly flirting with me at times, although I won't say that for sure because it could easily just be wishful thinking. I will say for certain that it was the most comfortable that I've ever seen her around me since we broke up, and I strongly stand by that. whether that means anything is a different story

• Okay, so NOW you are stating here she wanted to "hang out more times"...She is either be "comfortable " with this friendship now, or may be somewhat "interested" in you again, may now look at you in another light. Hang out some more in the future and find out where things may lead.

• the thing is, she's going back to school in a week, so I won't see her for several months again and I might let my chance to get back with her slip away if I don't make a move. yet I feel like its a little premature to make a move right now since we've only seen each other for a few weeks