I don't understand me ex's motives; is he trying to annoy me?

My ex and I dated for 6 years and have been broken up for a few months. I only stopped talking to him a month and a half ago because he was being really annoying and braggy. I felt like he was competing at life with me if that makes any sense? Two week later he has a girlfriend. I happen to know who she is and he always described her as promiscuous and trashy, putting it kindly. Also his friend says she resembles me, but “fatter and uglier” which I find weird too. A week into the relationship he is posting all over Facebook how “in love they are” (I don’t have a Facebook nor did I look, but he is friends with everyone from my mom to my boss). This is NOT typical behavior, and he use to say people who have to broadcast their relationship are probably not doing so well. I know people are going to say he was probably seeing her before I stopped talking to him, but I’m fairly sure he wasn’t since we were still hanging out all the time. I think he caught wind that I was dating (casually) and retaliated. Another thing is he opened a pinterest account and started following my best friend the only other person he follows is his girlfriend apparently. He then proceeds to “like” engagement rings on his girlfriend’s fake wedding board, and they’ve only been dating a month. I feel like he is being deliberately hurtful, and as much as I hate to admit it, it’s getting under my skin. So I guess my question is am I crazy or does this seem excessive? If he was trying to make me jealous he should have picked someone else, and if anything it’s pushing me away and making me mad. If he is so in love why bother?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Helle! I think the best question to ask is: based on the 6 years you have been together, is he the type of guy who would play these games?

You're centainly not crazy. You're seeing things and are trying to understand them.

Which, based on 30% of the total picture, is difficult. And we all have the tendency to read between the lines and become very afraid.

Perhaps a solution is to ask the "so called girlfriend" if they are really together. You could tell her it's in good friendship you ask it, but that you still see him turn up everywhere in the "e-world" around you and just want to kindly ask and not speculate. Maybe there are 2 victims and you can team up!

Hopefully the story ends well and you find another person who makes you happy!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE