I don't understand me ex's motives; is he trying to annoy me?

My ex and I dated for 6 years and have been broken up for a few months. I only stopped talking to him a month and a half ago because he was being really annoying and braggy. I felt like he was competing at life with me if that makes any sense? Two week later he has a girlfriend. I happen to know who she is and he always described her as promiscuous and trashy, putting it kindly. Also his friend says she resembles me, but “fatter and uglier” which I find weird too. A week into the relationship he is posting all over Facebook how “in love they are” (I don’t have a Facebook nor did I look, but he is friends with everyone from my mom to my boss). This is NOT typical behavior, and he use to say people who have to broadcast their relationship are probably not doing so well. I know people are going to say he was probably seeing her before I stopped talking to him, but I’m fairly sure he wasn’t since we were still hanging out all the time. I think he caught wind that I was dating (casually) and retaliated. Another thing is he opened a pinterest account and started following my best friend the only other person he follows is his girlfriend apparently. He then proceeds to “like” engagement rings on his girlfriend’s fake wedding board, and they’ve only been dating a month. I feel like he is being deliberately hurtful, and as much as I hate to admit it, it’s getting under my skin. So I guess my question is am I crazy or does this seem excessive? If he was trying to make me jealous he should have picked someone else, and if anything it’s pushing me away and making me mad. If he is so in love why bother?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Helle! I think the best question to ask is: based on the 6 years you have been together, is he the type of guy who would play these games?

You're centainly not crazy. You're seeing things and are trying to understand them.

Which, based on 30% of the total picture, is difficult. And we all have the tendency to read between the lines and become very afraid.

Perhaps a solution is to ask the "so called girlfriend" if they are really together. You could tell her it's in good friendship you ask it, but that you still see him turn up everywhere in the "e-world" around you and just want to kindly ask and not speculate. Maybe there are 2 victims and you can team up!

Hopefully the story ends well and you find another person who makes you happy!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Its obvous you hurt him, so he wants to do the same, but don't show emotions, he is just acting immature to get a reaction from you, feel lucky that your still not with him, because guys like this take a long time to grow up, and your best reaction would be to show him that you have moved on to a better life than the one you had with him,x

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it might be that he wants to rub stuff into your face. And if you get over him and live your happy fulfilling live that I am sure that you deserve, it will mean as much to you as the latest result of the most boring game of the least interesting sport that you have never heard of.

0|0
    0|0
  • Forget about this guy, he's just trying to make you mad. You are way too beautiful to be worrying about him. If he was as happy as he says he is he wouldn't be posting it everywhere. Just move on and keep yourself busy I know its hard because going through a break up is difficult but do it a the end its all worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like you know his every move. Why not cut all contacts and just not give a fuck what he does?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I should ask everyone to stop telling me things.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes