Should I keep pursing or move on?

There is this girl that I used to like and I know for a fact that she is shy, quiet, but really strong in her morals. She is a devout christian. (I know this is weird but I am an agnostic christian...but I don't think she knows that). SO we had a short conversation on relationships. She told me that "i do not want a boyfriend, that people who can have a boyfriend is people with careers." She also told me that she never had a boyfriend, but dated one guy. I kinda told her I don't want a girlfriend either;however, I kinda did like her. So Figured I would ask her out (Ohh an I told by phone), but she rejected me saying nicely saying" I really don't know what to say". Then after I told, we had a normal everday conversation -_-. (aha who does that other than me?!). Its been a day now, she still texts me but I don't really feel like responding...any ideas of how I should move foward?

Please note: I am not the type to neither hold grudges:nor, have the feeling that I am being an asshole...even if it means that I am going to be hurt in the end...

I said "used to like", because its my subtle way of moving onward...because that is the side that I am leaning towards..

20