How to deal an ex military boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months and lately all we seem to do is fight. He is ex navy and I feel like he still has that mentality and plus he is going through the divorce for his ex wife since she cheated on him while he was deployed. I feel like he sometimes take his issues that he still has out on me. He also tends to talk down to me and shuts me down. It seems like everything I say pisses him off or everything I do annoys him. I recently told him "I think we need a break from each other because after our last fight he ignored me and acted as of he wanted nothing to do with me. He had given me a promise ring Christmas Eve abs it was to promise that he loved me and cared for me and that he would works on himself so that things between us would get better. I'll admit there are things I need to work on and still do, but I'm making the effort to do so but nothing seems to change with him. I love him, I do, he has become everything in the most unexpected way, but him getting mad at over what I say or do or his talking down to me or shutting me down is getting old real fast, what do I do when talking doesn't work?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a veteran and I can only say dump the jerk. Being a vet doesn't excuse treating someone you care for with disrespect.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Miss The Navy Doesnt Go Through Much So They Still Have most Their Mentality , I'm Special Forces And Km Not A Vet But I Gurantee You Your Ex Hasn't Been Through A lot Unless He's Fought Pirates , Anyways Who Is He To Take His Anger Out On You ? They Teach You To Respect In The Military Regardless Of What You Go Through , If He Con2inues To Do So Just Leave Him , But The Problem Is You Love Him ? That's Where You Have To Think And Ask Yourself , Do I Really Love A Guy Who Is Disrespectful And May Even Take His Anger Out On Me To The Extent Of Him Hurting Me Physically ? That's Just me , I hope Everything Goes Well And You,Make A Decision That You feel You'll Be Happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • You need some thinking space. you are not a shrink and he needs one.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's acting like a kid. Be patient with him or leave him, whichever you see fit.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but iv got a military ex girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Were you the other woman?

0|0
    0|0
    • No I'm not the other woman, his ex wife cheated in him while he was deployed twice

• Move on.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes