How can I move to America?

I'm from canada, and I want to move to America. The problem is I don't have job skills that are in demand in the us, such as nurse, doctor, computer programmer, etc. I have $100,000 dollars in the bank.

I'm thirty three years old, and want to move to America for the warm weather, but I will need to be able to work in America. What can I do?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• You must have some valuable talent if you have amassed $100,000 in savings.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 11

• Go to a US embassy or consulate and ask. Or get on their webpage. I am sure you are not the only one to try this. Normally these processes are long and involve lots of paperwork and documents.

Also, I am a little confused about why are you sharing your finances. Do you think you deserve pity? Praise? It doesn't seem very relevant to your immigration question.

0|0
    0|0
    • Because some countries let you buy your way in, that's why I mentioned it.

• There's often an investor class immigration channel.

• omg. that's a little messed up and elitist, though I see how it is potentially beneficial to the country. Interesting trivia. thanks for explaining.

• You could easily get a job here, and you have plenty of money to do so. Dang, I wish I had that much money saved up! I'd be outta here in no time!

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a lot more options in the U.S than just those areas. It depends on what you want to do. What interests you?

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to go to the US governments site to get your stuff to come to the states I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • One option is to increase your skills while you're still in Canada. Prior and proper preparation

0|0
    0|1
  • Why don't you apply for a duel citizenship.

0|0
    0|0
  • go to school in America

0|0
    0|0
  • Move, go to school here. You have enough money

0|0
    0|0
  • What about moving to Mexico, there is warm weather down there and they are not picky.

If you are cute you might try marrying an American.

0|0
    0|1
  • What do you do in Canada?

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't move to America. You will regret it's a horrible country

1|0
    1|2

What Guys Said 6

• You need to get a job where they sponsor you to come over, or a wife (or husband), or family there you need to support.

0|0
    0|0
    • But how can I get a job there if I don't have a visa?

• Show All
    • But I've noticed that I can't apply for certain jobs because I'm not legally entitled to work in the America. For example, if I walked into a McDonald's in Las Vegas and filled out an application, they wouldn't hire me because I'm not allowed to work in the u.s. legally, right? So what should I do?

• no, you need a skill that can't be found in America. What is your field? If you are a top computer programmer or whatever, then you will be able to work. The law is vague but pretty much if no American can fill the job, the employer can bring someone in

• If you've got 100k in the bank at your age, you can afford to move and live while you seek work.

2|0
    0|0
  • You can probably get a visa at the border under NAFTA for a lot of job types. What do you do?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm an admin. What type of jobs could I get doing what you advised?

• Show All
    • Try link

Of course the mobile and non mobile versions are totally different ... yay government.

• Nope that doesn't work either. Go to usembassy . gov

Search for "professions covered by NAFTA'

• Why would you WANT to?

0|0
    0|0
    • The weather and low housing costs primarily, plus same language and close proximity to family.

• Apply for a holiday + work visa anyway. Let them disqualify you if they will, don't do it before you even apply. If they grant you a work visa, then you're good to go for the time limit on the visa (which is usually a max of one year intervals).

0|0
    0|0
  • Just run across the border like I did

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes