Why would you not make the first move on someone you really like?

Why would you not make the first move on someone you really really like?

• I would
    Vote A
  • Afraid of rejection
    Vote B
  • Lazy
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
  • Results
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• The rejection hurts even more because I care more about a guy I really like than one I kind of

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• cause aside from the fact that it's not in my dating culture.. I feel I have no chance lol. I mean it's not wise to make a move if I feel I have no chance. also, my self-esteem is already low so ... :)

0|0
    1|0
  • It's not in my culture! Pretty girls don't make first move because guys are after her! Unless he is out of her league! Extremely good looking and hot! Then maybe! lolololol

0|0
    0|1
    • lol he is definitely not ugly!.. and don't make it look like I'm so attractive cause someone unfortunately believe on that lol and I know why you're trying to be a role model of confidence and high self-esteem on your answers ;) thank you! 824! :P

• Show All
    • Still no! Its gonna be like Pinoys celebrating UK Independence or celebrating Thanksgiving! lololol! The simple explanation is it's not how things are done here! It may look weird and shocking to you but that's how it is!

• I know but think of Romeo and Juliet. If you are Juliet and your heart is for Romeo and him only, would you become his enemy simply because that's how things are done there? You have to listen to your heart and not what rules people force upon you. Don't let anyone else take away your freedom from doing anything simply because of people forcing rules on you. :P

• He likes someone else and all of our friends including his sister and I know it

But he has done things to make me suspect he likes me as well so I am afraid of being rejected, and the fact that we are good friends I don't want things to become awkward if he doesn't feel the same way about me

0|0
    0|0
    • Personally I feel that things would be less awkward if a female friend asked me out and I declined a romantic relationship. I think it'd be a lot less awkward than me asking her out.

• It could jeopardize the friendship \ relationship you share if you shared on in the first place. You can get rejected and apparently, people don't like to be rejected.

It takes a lot of guts to make the first move, even if it's just admitting having feelings for the other person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Afraid of rejection. I don't know why, actually. I can't form a logical argument against it. Whatever the answer is, at least I'd have an answer. But my fear is still stronger than my determination to get an answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 6

• because they may not really really like you the same way. then you may create awkwardness and animosity post move. by all means if you think they like you back do something about it but until you can make that sound judgment I would advise against it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't ask girls out why should I? I already know she's gonna say no or laugh at me for asking her out so why bother? And I've never seen any girls ask a guy out, unless he's good looking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I make up excuses. She probably has a boyfriend. She's not interested. I would be bothering her. I could go on and on...

0|0
    0|0
  • Scared of being rejected, guess its a low self esteem problems

0|0
    0|1
  • For me it was couple things I liked about this girl. We both told each other at a football game we liked each other for a very long time. We kissed and we just acted like nothing when we went back to our friends.

I later told her I wasn't over my ex girlfriend that broke up with me 2 weeks earlier (I was trying to get with this girl for about a year and then screwed me over and used me as a place holder for some other prick)

Then that was it, then a week later I find out that she did some stripping for some guys couple months ago. As long with my ex (different ex, hate her but they are best friends). So I just didn't want to date a girl that would do that for some guys she hardly knew. I been hurt so many times I just became paranoid about her cheating or screwing me over like all my other ex's did.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes