Why do girls always wait for the guy to make the first move?

I know every girl is different, but let me hear your opinion!

Say a girl kind of likes a guy. Will she keep waiting for him to ask her out? How long is it before she gives up and moves on?

Why doesn't she make a move herself? Is she scared that she misread the signals of interest?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• The shy ones tend to "wait" for an invite, where a more outgoing girl may be "bold and beautiful" enough to make the first move and do the asking. A shy girl may not care, be in no big hurry,(although a lot of times they gossip "not so shy "to their friends how they wish this guy would ask them out and are too shy to do it) but an outgoing girl, if she does not decide to "wait it out," will get bored or find someone more "on the ball." And yes, there is always that "possibility" of "mixed signals". The "sheepish" may think it, the "flirty" may wonder.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for the great answer Paris. And for all of my other questions! I sent you a friend request. :)

• Thanks, sweetie! I don't normally take on "friends here" because not sure who anyone is or what this entails, but go ahead and send me one again!:))

• Alright, done!