Why do girls always wait for the guy to make the first move?

I know every girl is different, but let me hear your opinion!

Say a girl kind of likes a guy. Will she keep waiting for him to ask her out? How long is it before she gives up and moves on?

Why doesn't she make a move herself? Is she scared that she misread the signals of interest?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The shy ones tend to "wait" for an invite, where a more outgoing girl may be "bold and beautiful" enough to make the first move and do the asking. A shy girl may not care, be in no big hurry,(although a lot of times they gossip "not so shy "to their friends how they wish this guy would ask them out and are too shy to do it) but an outgoing girl, if she does not decide to "wait it out," will get bored or find someone more "on the ball." And yes, there is always that "possibility" of "mixed signals". The "sheepish" may think it, the "flirty" may wonder.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for the great answer Paris. And for all of my other questions! I sent you a friend request. :)

• Thanks, sweetie! I don't normally take on "friends here" because not sure who anyone is or what this entails, but go ahead and send me one again!:))

• Alright, done!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• Well, I always waited but then found out the guy I liked a lot already has a girlfriend or dating. So I decided why not just ask the guy, if he rejects, he rejects and I will not pressure it any longer and move on. Never hurts to ask or make the first move...well it kinda does if you add too much emotions but I have to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say it depends on the girl and her mindset. I'll say I used to be the girl who would make a move, I still do in some ways, but I actually did tell my last two ex's that I liked them and I wanted to be in a relationship with them. However, now with the experiences I had in both of those relationships, and other past rejections I've had - I don't particularly like to be the initiator anymore. I think the longest I've waited before I said something was 8 months with my last ex. Then again I feel like most girls will give up after about 4. We defintently are terrified that we misread the signals, especially if a guy is sporadic with them. So if you are texting one day and not the next, or hugging us one day but not really showing us as much attention the next it throws us off.

0|1
    0|0
  • That depends entirely on the girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Like you said, depends on the woman. Some I think just feel self entitled to not have to do the leg work, they think they deserve to be asked out, not the other way around. For others, fear of rejection. Yet others, just too shy.

I don't like to ask the guy out either, because I feel like men prefer to set the relationship tempo. I do make my interest obvious though. For example, with my fiance', we met out through a mutual friend and hit it off easily. So at the end of our first meeting, I asked him if he would like my phone number. I thought that was a good compromise. I sort of made the first move, but left the ball in his court as far as contacting me to set up a real date.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• tradition, been going on for centuries

1|0
    0|1
  • Because women sadly have double standards. They wanted to be treated equally and not like they use to be, but then all of a sudden they are all traditionalists...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes