Help! I need an objective opinion. Am I right to feel hurt and pissed?

My ex girlfriend acted like she wanted to get back together. She did this by frequently calling me and texting me acting like everything was cool. Then she said stuff like I think I made a big mistake you are the most amazing guy ever and I fucked it up. I am really truly sorry and I have a lot apologize for. So I met up with and she kissed me. Then as we were talking she said I had to be careful what I texted her. I asked why and she said she was still technically dating the guy she left me for. My face dropped and I said its him or me. She said it wouldn't last with him. She wanted to just meet up and fuck me. I was really upset by this. We were in a ltr for almost a year. We were engaged, her son called me dad, we practically lived together. I said I couldn't go from that to being friends with benefits especially since she was still with the guy she left me for. I said I wouldn't be physically intimate with someone who wouldn't commit to me. I asked her to go out on a date with me and she I don't know maybe. This pissed me off and I accused her of leading me on. She said she wasn't. Then a few days later she tells me she's engaged to the other guy. So I say so you were leading me on. If that's the case then I see no reason for us to see each other again and shouldn't have any contact. I said I was sick of her playing immature mind games, lying, drama etc. So am I right to be mad about this or am I overreacting?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Over reacting? No. You are right as right can be. Sometimes you need to take a back seat for your own safety, and In this case you should do exactly as you said and just stop every and anything to do with her. Even if she comes running back to you, you push her as far away as you can. This is one instance where being selfish would be a good thing, think of your own well being and your own future, someone who truly loves you would never put you through that shit. You'll find someone better, so don't even worry about her my friend, don't even allow her to further mess you up by being in your brain. Take her off like an old shirt and throw it away, there are lots of better brand new ones available :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for setting me straight. Ur right no one who even cared about someone never mind loved them would do stuff like that. I was right all along she was just leading me on and playing mind games. So I was right to tell her to get the fuck out of my life.

• You're very welcome :) I feel like I could give you a high five! You got this, you'll look back at the way she treated you and laugh because you know all that she missed out on and she'll figure it out sooner or later too...her loss! You'll find someone better :)

• Thank you for BA :) Cheers!