Would you feel cheated on?

Complete hypothetical.

Your SO initiates a break. Not a break up but a break. During that break they sleep with someone else. Eventually they come back to you.

Is this cheating? Is this circumventing a relationship to sleep around? Or is it fair game because of the break?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, breaks are bullshit. If you love/care for someone, why not have space for a couple days but still have commitment? If you don't love them, then just break up entirely.

Not cheating but like others have said, I doubt I would go back with them. Especially since I probably wouldn't have wanted the break in the first place. I feel like sometimes people do the whole break thing just so they can sleep with someone else "guilt free".

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• No, not cheating in the least. What was once "one person's junk, became another person's treasure,' to sort of speak. Up for grabs...

0|0
    0|1
  • That wouldn't be a break that would be a break up.. if a man has sex with anyone else while he and I are dating then I wouldn't enter any relationship with him. Even if he had sex with another woman while we were just getting to know each other. I don't care. I want to feel that from day one that we met he and I have only had eyes for each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • well you go on a break to figure things out

but if the guy you're with is someone who doesn't care anyways, who cares what he thinks

there are so many factors to 'cheating' and 'breaks'

there was something in the relationship that pissed her off enough to go sleep with someone else.

if she mentioned anything like 'go take care of yourself and I'll take care of me', that's a break up. just depends on what was said during that time

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're going on a break then I guess you'd have to define what a break is. A lot of people think a break means fucking around to see if they can find someone better and go back if they can't. Personally I think a break is just time apart to get your head clear and focused again. So yeah I'd say it is cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • If someone wants a break as in a few days apart you're still together so it's cheating. If you both agree to be single for a while you're free to sleep with other people but that to me us a break up

0|0
    0|0
  • I would consider it cheating, you didn't break up. A break to me is space, so if someone needed time or some space and slept with someone else it's cheating, and it's over.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's cheating, but I doubt I'd want to get back with them after that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fair game because of the break

0|0
    0|0
  • I would feel cheated on. But I'd never agree to a break in the first place where we could hook up with other people. I think "breaks" are pretty stupid in general.

I remember trying to sleep with my ex boyfriend again after I'd found out he slept with someone else during our short breakup and it was miserable. I tried to tell myself it was fine and that we were broken up, but I felt like I was being violated.

So yes, moral of the story, I wouldn't take this person back.

0|0
    0|0
  • If, in her words, it is a *break* (just taking time physically apart from each other) and not a break up, then I would consider that cheating.

Either way, though, if I were you I wouldn't take her back.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• in this hypothetical I would want to clarify what the break entails. so essentially determine the rules for the break.

if no rules are set then really all is fair. they could've used the break just to hook up, or they could have gone on break and then just happened to stumble upon a hook up.

In any "take a break" situation I'd want to know the guidelines and purpose of the break

1|0
    0|0
  • Well since it's a break I'd actually expect that, I don't see it as cheating... but I can't help but feel that it means the relationship isn't secure since she feels the need to go elsewhere, or that if I said no to going on a break that it would just end up with being cheated on. So in a way I'd feel a bit betrayed, and I guess helpless that I really only have two choices and they're both shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't feel "cheated on", but I'd feel cheated in general for sure, and that person wouldn't be coming back. So is it technically cheating? Guess not. Are the results the same? Pretty much.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not cheating, it was a break. But that doesn't mean you are obligated to take them back post-break

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know what you would call it, but she'd sure as hell won't be coming back. He can keep her.

And if a girl ever did say she wanted a "break", I would make it perfectly clear that she can keep going.

0|0
    0|0
  • A break is the same thing as a break up. The only difference is they leave open the idea that they might get back together eventually. During the "break" they are single, and can sleep with anyone they want. It is often used as a way to circumvent cheating in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fair game because of the break.

It can't be cheating because you're not in a relationship with that person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes