Why do some women treat a decent guy horrible?

Currently I've been dating a great girlfriend for nearly one year now but it took me a while for me to get over the horrible things an ex girlfriend did to me. I don't get why certain treat decent and old fashioned men poorly, the one that would never cheat nor hit her.

Things my ex girlfriend (then gf) did at the time and I regret staying 3 yrs:

Followed me during argument every time I was trying to leave and get in face.

Try to fight me a couple times while all I did was hold her wrists if she tried to scratched me or covered myself with my arms blocking her hits but never hit her (she actually did punched me on different occasions while I was sleeping)

What made me break up is when I found out she not only cheated but stole money from me.

Then she had the nerve to tell people that I was the abuser and reported me. Luckily, it didn't work out and they caught her quickly with the lie.

Now I learned from my friend that she is pregnant again with a different guy who has been cheating on her all the time, the first guy bailed on her. But she isn't one bit sorry about the way she treated me.
I know now all women are like that but it makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with those types. Why won't they like a decent man that wouldn't cheat nor ever hurt her.

68

Most Helpful Girl

• Same reason some guys treat good women horrible.

People, of both genders, are assholes sometimes.

You said your a good man not like the ones that cheat or hit women.. that right there is a statement that shows it's not just women. You think those women deserved to be treated like shit, no. I've been in your situation, it sucks.

Some people just suck, man. Some people are shitty.

Just hold your head high and move on, it's all you can do.

• Thank you and yes I've recovered from all that. The girl I'm now with is sweet and definitely not like like my ex girlfriend (more pretty too). I guess I was just shocked to once be stuck with a cold, nasty, abusive women. I got told by a friend that it was still abuse but I just didn't think it was at the time. I thought it was just a woman's mood swings.

• Yeah some people are born and see the "greater picture" (i.e Us), others are born close-minded and full of themselves.

• I don't understand that statement below..?