Is my boyfriend controlling? How can I try to work things out?

Next Saturday will be nine months we have been together. Recently he we have been having disagreements he told me I can take all the worthless shit I got for him back and he said his mom and I can go to hell. I put up with a lot from him but he's my best friend and I love him. He only wants to do the things he likes. When we want to go to the movies we always have to see his movies. I told him about this already and nothing works. I do not like giving up on someone I just need advice on how we can work this out. He yells at me all the time and it has been so bad my mom thought he was beating me up. How can you help someone who is controlling?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• You're putting up with it. End things. You're allowing him to treat you badly because you don't stick up for yourself. He's getting away with it.