Why do people get rebounds and how long do they usually last?

My ex and I broke up after 3 years together. We were each others first real love. I was her first and everything. I recently moved an hour away from our home town to obtain my masters degree. Upon doing that she said she couldn't trust me so we broke up and she started talking to another guy, but we ended up back together. Another 6 months pass, and we had another falling out, and we decided to go our separate ways. After about 2 weeks she starts dating the guy she was speaking to last time. He is a bum, doesn't have a car, on probation, smokes, does drugs, drinks, etc. She's 22 and he is 19. I was hurt that she would throw away her standards. We've been separated since November and we haven't spoke since. I still think about her from time to time. Is it normal to do that? I don't want her back I just wonder how she is doing at times. Since we broke up she deleted all of her social networking sites so it's impossible see if she's doing okay.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• sometimes we don't know what's going on in other people's minds

I can honestly say I can get hurt, after break up and it stings for awhile

I have to try to forget him, his family, his friends, what he said I didn't like or what I liked, basically I have to stop caring

I have to say... I have talked to other guys right after the relationship ended or started to end. This is to me is reassuring myself 'this is over'.

It also helps me move on from my ex.I may talk to lower standard or higher standard guys.

since one of my break ups, more than 20 have asked me out, but it doesn't mean I am jumping in bed or throwing myself at them. I flirt , I talk but it is more or less to get over the other guy.

and sometimes I am already over the guy (ex), I just enjoy the talk, that I miss being in a relationship but have no time to really commit myself.

and sometimes pain and emotion clouds our judgement and we choose someone who doesn't deserve us. that is the problem of youth, emotional based judgement and impatience. Because it hurts so much, we just jump into something.

the key for me, not to get too involved. the best thing is to be picky