Can a relationship survive cheating?

Have any of you ever been cheated on and continued the relationship? Some one I know had been in a 6 1/2 year relationship and her boyfriend cheated on her while she was gone for a few months. 5 times. he told her about it...but still. Can relationships really survive that?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the individuals involved as well as the circumstances of their relationship and the cheating.

If two people have been together for a very long time, never cheated on each other before, and have good communication, it's very possible that the relationship could survive. I do think that everyone (generally speaking) deserves second chances. Everyone makes mistakes. Not everyone cheats but sometimes people just put themselves in bad situations and it just happens. That doesn't necessarily mean they will cheat again in the future.

Other times, the person really is just a cheater and will do it over and over and over again as long as their partner allows it and puts up with it. Those relationships may "survive" but that doesn't mean they are good relationships.

For other people, if a guy or girl is a repeat cheater, many times the relationship eventually dies. So I mean, this is kind of a complicated question as there are many factors involved and it depends a lot on the individual people in that specific relationship, including their personal views on cheating and tolerance regarding it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Nope. You cheat, relationship is over. I have trust issues. It takes a lot for me to build enough trust to even start a relationship with someone. So for them to cheat on me, would be devastating and I'd never be able to trust them again.

Some people can forgive and forget. More power to them but I can't see a relationship being healthy from that point on.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends entirely on the people involved. Few people learn to except that cheating is a looming specter over any relationship over the long term so they handle it in their own special ways. Others have zero tolerance for cheating and will break up immediately, while some try to give it a second chance only to realize that nothing has changed.

It's possible.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Mine never survived his cheating.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes