Have you ever broken up with someone by a text message or email?

What did you say and why did you choose this method?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I 'broke up' via telephone.

But I actually didn't tell her I wanted a break up. I told her I didn't want to see her for a while, because I was so pissed off about the fact she wanted to have drinks with another guy (and asked me).

She said if we could talk about it. But I was just so fcking angry and didn't see how it would change the fact she must have flirted with that guy. So I didn't want to talk about it.

She packed my things immediately. And when I picked them up two days later, I said we might be able to work it out. She didn't want to.

She took it as a 'break up'. And started talking to the guy the next day (telling him she wanted his 'babies') and dated him 5 days afterward. I found that out after I logged into her FB, because I thought it was strange she wanted to end a 5 year Relationship that way.

She later messaged me "I really didn't feel anything for him before" --> yea right.

And has ignored me ever since.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• never "broke up" with someone. but a girl I was interested in, she only had time for me when she was bored. so I sent a txt telling her I was done being jerked around by her. she didn't respond. so either she got the hint, or she was too busy and didn't see the txt

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, by email.

Usually because distance was involved, or because two ways communication was impossible (ignoring my calls, refusing to meet me in person).

And when it has reached that point, it's a good way to think about every word you are using, so you can say exactly what you mean.

Text is too short. You just don't say one line to someone you've shared a part of your life with, even if fights have taken the best part of the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never done that. I just feel that not doing it face to face is somewhat artificial and it seems too "easy" so to say. So I try to do it face to face if I need to break up with someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I've done it via text... I just told her it was over.

I chose text because we were fighting and she didn't answer my phone call

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never ever do this. My first girlfriend though did this, but we were very young.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. You can't do that that's ill wag for quiting. This is to be find in person

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't and I'll never to do it that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't and wouldn't. I would do it in person or, in a long-distance relationship, by voice.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Yes because I had tried to break up with him twice and he would suddenly start crying like a baby, which was his manipulative way of keeping me, because he knew I would just back down. Long story short he was controlling, verbally abusive, ashamed of me, and actually said one day he wasn't sure we were compatible because I was poor and he had money. Then we both got new jobs and we both moved back to our hometowns for the summer about 2 hours away from each other. I got really fed up with how he was treating me, so I finally emailed him a long email, explaining why I didn't see it carrying on any further. I offered to get the train to go and see him, but he made no desire to see me. He put up no fight whatsoever. A few months later he asked me to visit him, but I couldn't make it that day. He never renewed his invitation and he got a new girlfriend.

I am sure he told everyone I was a coward for not doing it in person, but then again he was always calling me names whilst we were together, so I don't really give a crap.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I have. Because he was scary and kind of violent. When I had tried to leave him in person, he started calling me a whore and throwing stuff at me, and even threw me up against the door. So I did it through text. He stalked me a little bit but eventually went away.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah once before by text. It wasn't out of the blue or anything. It was a long distant relationship and things we're going shit when he was staying with me. Something really bad happened one night which scared the life out of me. So I pretended that everything was okay until he left because I didn't want a repeat performance. Harsh I know but my safety comes before his feelings. Stupid dick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes

because LDR

I just said that I don't want to be with him anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if I break up with someone I do it face to face.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't like to do it that way . the guy was a jerk, didn't want to meet up and made tons of excuses. so I finally went to his place. (he never gave me his address). and I had to tell him in his face. not angry. just told him it wasn't working out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I did but only because he had moved 100 miles away

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes