Is it normal to feel as if you wasted your time on someone when you break off a relationship?

is it normal to feel as if you wasted your time on someone when you break off a relationship?

i am starting to feel this person din't deserve to be with me. he should have paid for half the things we went on (dates) even if his student debt is more than 40 000$

and how do you move on from knowing you gave everything but this guy doesn't care now? he could care less.
context: he had no direction in life, and had a lot of time to work on his weaknesses.

I stupidly agreed to pay for half the dates and hide that fact from myself. my character is altruistic, not necessarily a bad one, but is bad when not reciprocated fairly

02