Is it normal to feel as if you wasted your time on someone when you break off a relationship?

is it normal to feel as if you wasted your time on someone when you break off a relationship?

i am starting to feel this person din't deserve to be with me. he should have paid for half the things we went on (dates) even if his student debt is more than 40 000$

and how do you move on from knowing you gave everything but this guy doesn't care now? he could care less.
Updates:
context: he had no direction in life, and had a lot of time to work on his weaknesses.

I stupidly agreed to pay for half the dates and hide that fact from myself. my character is altruistic, not necessarily a bad one, but is bad when not reciprocated fairly

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Rather than looking at it as something negative and a "waste of time", look at it this way...

"I had a good time getting to know this person, and life taught me a lesson on which aspects of relationships I do and do not want in my next one. I will hopefully learn the lesson and do better the next time I start looking for one."

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the relationship. Sometimes, the person was in a really crappy one-sided relationship, so rightfully realizes that the time was wasted.

Sometimes the break up just hurts someone and they seem incapable of realising the value of the relationship from their position of hurt. They'll realize it wasn't a waste of time in the future.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes