How you act in a break up?

Does how you act in a break up reflect how you still feel? Wouldn't indifference show the person is truly done where anger would reflect being hurt/not over it?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I'm pretty good about breakups.

The first time, I was over HER pretty quickly, but I don't know if I'll ever be over her cheating, especially with the way she was doing it. I realized very quickly that I was much happier and better off than to be with someone who wasn't going to treat me with the respect of being truthful with me. There were other issues, and it wasn't worth it.

As much as she was pretty damaged before I even went out with the second girl, I quickly realized that and got out. I wish her luck, I wish her good health, and I wish her to be in a good place mentally. That's about it. No hatred, no names; I keep most of the relationship stuff private, I don't badmouth her... I just say it didn't work out, and I move on.

I was over it pretty quickly - most of the relationships didn't really last long enough to develop deep feelings. If they don't want to be around me or truthful with me, I'm better off single than unhappy with "bragging rights" about being in a relationship.

I've tried to make sure that any relationship I've had, I'm still doing other stuff, and I still have a life outside of them. I hate it when people drop off the face of the planet completely whenever they get a shiny new relationship. I don't want to neglect good friends just because I've met someone. I want them to have friends and a life outside of me (while being faithful, like I am).