Does post break up bribery work?

i'm thinking of bribing his parents (buying them cakes, homemade cookies) for Chinese New Year to get his parent's "fondness"..i'll probably tell his parents not to tell my ex about my "good" deeds..or should let him know?

I just hope that by doing this his parents could help me a hand to try persuade my ex slowly how much he loved and cared for me once.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• What's the point ? Do you want to embarass them ? Or be perceived as some sort of psycho who can't let go ?

His parents have nothing to do with how he (poorly or not) manage his sentimental life.

1|0
    0|0
    • i mean you can assume that its just like a "Christmas gift".. I'm just gonna give it to them looking happy and without talking anything about the break up and stuff.. after all we were best friends before we even dated.

• Show All
    • Yea I did give his mom a Xmas present before we broke up.. we broke up after new years..

• So it would be redundant. Anyway, let his parents out of this. They have their own problems, and yours and their son's shouldn't be one. Besides, they will probably stand up for him if he asks them to.

• Contrary to what most other people here think I think it can be a good idea under certain circumstances. Have you had, do you have a really good relationship with his parent? If so you can definitely do that, just "act" normal about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • God you look so much like my sister in law it's scary.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that is a bad idea. You ever heard the phrase "If you love something you have to let it go"? If he loves you he will come back, if not then move on.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• This has bad idea written all over it. This plan has a 99.999999% chance of scaring him away or just straight up sick of you. You need to just leave him alone. If he comes back, he comes back. But you need to give him his space.

Plus, this plan may also risk the parents getting sick of you as well. Just give both him and his parents space.

1|0
    0|0
  • really bad idea

his parents are either going to get creeped out by an ex girlfriend of their sons keep buying them things and fish for information or asking them to interfere in their sons love life and they will tell him or he will find out himself somehow and think badly of you for being clingy and not letting go, the last thing id want is an ex hanging around and harassing my parents trying to make them drop hints about a relationship I decided to end or trying to get my parent on their side not mine instead of moving on with their life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I doubt this would work. Sometimes relationships end, that's life.

0|0
    0|0
  • You said, "I just hope that by doing this his parents could help me a hand to try persuade my ex slowly how much he loved and cared for me once."

Ok, so how are you going to convey that message to them without actually telling them that's what you're up to? This is really messed up. First off, you give gifts out of good will, not to trick someone into helping you carry out some other deed or plan.

Second off, his parents are out for his best interest, not yours. What makes you think they'll try to bend his will to accept you back in his life. That is a very manipulative way of thinking and I think you might be crazy.

Leave the poor guy alone and stay away from his family!

2|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes