Why can't I just let her go?

Me and my girlfriend of 3 years broke up 3 weeks ago. long story this was the first major relationship either of us had been in and she said that she didn't really care anymore, that the feelings she once had had changed, and she basically wanted to be single. she said that I was a great boyfriend and that I won't have any problem finding someone else, which I believe she genuinely meant. anyways its been 3 weeks and I can get her off my mind. I keep on thinking that her name is gonna pop up on my phone and that she gonna text me saying that she wants to get back together, but that hasn't happened. I haven't talked to her at all and she hasn't talked to me at all either. I know that there's no point in try to stay with someone who doesn't want you but I still miss her and want to text her really bad! I know that the chances of her texting me are slim to none but for some reason a small part of me keeps holding on to hope that she's gonna text me. should I wait 2 or 3 more weeks to see if she text me and then text her if she doesn't? or should I just forget about her and move on? and If I should move on how can I get myself to let go of any hope of getting back with her? really just any advice would be helpful! and by the way I'm 21 and she's 19

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that in your situation it's best to move on. Break-ups are hard to deal with, you have spent a lot of time with someone that knows the deepest parts of you and got close. People change all the time, we're constantly growing, and that can be hard if you move apart in a way. Be thankful though that she didn't drag it out or anything. I know that you may still love her a lot and that's natural but the silence and distance is something that you MUST do, you both need time away to think and heal, otherwise old wounds just keep getting opened up and you'll be hurt more because she was the one that ended it. What I would suggest is, writing her phone number down, putting it in a book or somewhere in your room etc and deleting her number off your phone so that you won't be tempted to text her first. Don't do it, DO NOT TEXT HER FIRST, she broke your heart, let her be the one to talk with you, it shows that you have strength to not reach out. She taught you lessons in life that you needed to learn, and you taught her the same. Be thankful for the relationship and experiences but realize that now, it's time to move on for you. I've done the whole back together thing before and it ended with him breaking up with me again, once you break up you know that you love the other person more and it just doesn't work right again. Save yourself the heartache believe me.

You will be hurting for a while, not going to lie, but then you'll wake up one morning and just smile. Take your time, you will find someone else to love, that will love you the same way.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE