If your marriage didn't work out, would you be willing to leave with only your stuff?

Let's say you got married. No pre nup nothing. The years past and unfortunately things just aren't working out . You both decide to divorce and go your separate ways. Would you leave with only what you came with ? Or would you take your stuff and your spouses stuff too?

• I would leave with what I came into the marriage with
  • I would clean them out. I don't care if they did something to end the marriage that was preventable or not

110

Most Helpful Girl

• Well in theory everyone would (unless they were a gold digger), but I think that in reality, when people are hurt they do stupid things to hurt the other person. Kinda how like in a regular break up you don't always get your stuff back. My best friend has lost a good amount of jackets as a result of this.

I think divorces are even worse than regular break ups too because usually people wait and try to work it out much longer than a regular relationship before they get a divorce so you've got a lot more bitterness going on there.

When my dad left he took all of our silverware (it was very weird because he left a good amount of his clothes.. guess he just didn't wanna buy new utensils) and tried to take my mom's bed (that he picked out but she paid for) as well as half of her retirement money. If you would have asked him 10 years before if he ever would have taken anything he would have said no, but he was angry and bitter during the separation

Best to get a prenup if you can for this reason.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE