If your marriage didn't work out, would you be willing to leave with only your stuff?

Let's say you got married. No pre nup nothing. The years past and unfortunately things just aren't working out . You both decide to divorce and go your separate ways. Would you leave with only what you came with ? Or would you take your stuff and your spouses stuff too?

• I would leave with what I came into the marriage with
    Vote A
  • I would clean them out. I don't care if they did something to end the marriage that was preventable or not
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well in theory everyone would (unless they were a gold digger), but I think that in reality, when people are hurt they do stupid things to hurt the other person. Kinda how like in a regular break up you don't always get your stuff back. My best friend has lost a good amount of jackets as a result of this.

I think divorces are even worse than regular break ups too because usually people wait and try to work it out much longer than a regular relationship before they get a divorce so you've got a lot more bitterness going on there.

When my dad left he took all of our silverware (it was very weird because he left a good amount of his clothes.. guess he just didn't wanna buy new utensils) and tried to take my mom's bed (that he picked out but she paid for) as well as half of her retirement money. If you would have asked him 10 years before if he ever would have taken anything he would have said no, but he was angry and bitter during the separation

Best to get a prenup if you can for this reason.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Well I wouldn't take my spouses things but we would have to discuss things that we shared...assuming we lived together for a long time. I was in this situation with my ex when we split.. we had lived together for 5 years so you can imagine how many things had become "ours"..But even if the break up is bad I still wouldn't take his things...why would I want anything that reminds me of my ex ?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think most people want to leave with what they believe to be theirs. Which is what causes the controversy. Like, a dog for example. You pay, she signs off on the papers, but you both raise it. Who keeps it in the split? Or how about the car you bought her for her birthday? It's usually things people perceive to be more theirs than the other persons. Does that make sense?

0|0
    0|0
  • what I came with. but,i think it's important to remember that blaming the person who does clean the other out is shit-there's a reason it ended,meaning there are feelings hurt,and usually folks want revenge.

0|0
    0|0
  • All I'd want is what a came into the marriage with.

0|0
    0|0
  • If that were to ever happen, I would only take my stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who was the main cause of the relationship ending.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take what I came with why would I take his stuff?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would take half of what we earned together

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why not

0|0
    0|0
  • How many years are we talking? 'Cause if it's too many I may not have any of my original stuff and we might have bought it all together. But if push came to shove I'd leave with the clothes on my back and let him have the rest.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes