Does my ex-boyfriend still have feelings for me? He keeps trying to contact me

My ex recently started emailing me. We didn't speak for about 7 months. He left about 8 months ago. He immediately started seeing another girl. I do not know if they are still together at this time. He emails me Just random things he never brings up us or our relationship. He even told me how he's in college & interning at a vet near me & basically stated I should come there.. Like he wanted to see me. Then he started posting photos on Facebook of pictures of our friends and stuff that he knew that I would see even though I'm not friends with him on there. Photos that I took a long time ago. He then started liking things on my sister's Facebook page and they're not even friends on Facebook. Which means he searched for her and liked anything that he could see. Even if I don't email him back right away he emails me anything or asks me random questions. To start another conversation with me.

Then today I go to check my mail at my house & he dropped off sunglasses that I thought he lost long ago with a note that said " hi Rachel,

found these in my room OOPS! " ?Rob.

He's clearly trying to get my attention.

? I'm starting to think he still has feelings. How do I respond? Should I text him? He dosnt have my new #. We've only been talking via email for a few months. ..Does he still like me?

Should I ask him what he really wants?

We dated for 8.5 years.
* the note said love rob with a heart. If that matters, but it confused me when I saw it. He didn't have to drop those off or leave a note., idk
He just emailed me asking me of I had a new phone #!

05

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you should talk to him and find out what his motivations are. How do you feel about the possiblity of reconciliation?

• Well. Months ago if he had done this I would have jumped at the chance to be with him again. Now I am a little weary ... Don't get me wrong I do still love him. I just cannot let him hurt me ever again.i have never felt such agonizing heartache ever. I am open to the possibility of reconciling. but he has said nothing regarding our relationship. No apology, no I miss you. Why do I have to be the one that asks & quite possibly get rejected again? Idk. Maybe he's afraid to even bring it up..idk

• Is that a good idea? Do you think he's just nervous? What do you think I should say?

• Just say something like "hey, I noticed you've been contacting me a bit more than usual. Is there something going on? "...let him answer accordingly.