Would you breakup with someone who becomes too wrapped up around you?

would you breakup with someone who becomes too wrapped up in you and have to find their selves because they so lost?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course! Nobody want's to become someone else's crutch.

My girlfriend is supposed to pick me up and challenge me... not smoother me with neediness.

I see plenty of men who end up single because they don't have personal balance and healthy boundaries and end up suffocating anyone new they meet. It's sad.

It's your life and it's okay to push people away who aren't making your life better.

~ Robby

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • yea omg, I had this guy wanna hang out everyday all day, and then wanna call me right after to talk to hours. He only kept touching me up and trying to keep in touch with my daily activities. It was just too smothering

• Show All
    • You make it sound asif being needy or clingy is the same as abusing/harassing someone. Well it's not.

And of course it matters how much you like a person. If you really love someone you will do anything for them. Perhaps you haven't experienced this yet.

• When you love someone you don't smother them. That's the actions of someone who only cares about themselves and their needs. Love is about boundaries and respect, not obsession and ego. Being needy or clingy IS harassment. The only time it's healthy to smother is when it's requested and appreciated.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• No, I wouldn't want a heart to break because of me. But it means I've probably failed at something, because, I think, Relationships should be about support and helping each other in every aspect.

0|0
    2|0
    • regardless of how you break their heart its their decision to better themselves. I don't want somebody who become so wrapped up in me they lose theyselves. it means you ain't grown enough to handle love. you don't need a relationship you need to grow more

• Show All
    • I agree

• thanks

• No, doesn't really bother me... there could be worse things in life than someone taking an interest.

2|0
    1|1
    • so if a girl become obsessively involved wrapped around you, you wouldn't break up with her? so you saying if a girl is wrapped around you you would babysit her lol

• Yeah I doubt it would bother me that much.

• Your asking if you'd breakup with someone who cares a whole lot about you. More than they do about themselves.

In other words, would you break up with someone who REALLY loves you.

Love like that is hard to find. I personally would give it a good shot.

Then again you are asking this question, which makes me doubt your love for him/her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, the more time passes the more your lives do become entangled. My friends become her friends and vice versa, we've been sharing the same flat for a couple of years and so on. I don't think it necessarily means we become each others crutches, other than when we actually do need support - and then it's pretty good to have it. Getting wrapped up and having a life of your own isn't necessarily mutually exclusive.

0|0
    0|0
  • most likely. most people who get too wrapped around you are dysfunctional one way or another. most of the time these types of people tend to be control fiends

0|0
    0|0
  • Way too clingy and psycho , so the answer is yes ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • yup

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I have to breath

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Depending on how "tightly wrapped" my feelings were for him, would have to determine whether or not I would give my "beau" the boot, you might say. If I really loved him, and we had this special "gift of love," I would give him a "surprise warning, and hope that it wouldn't fall on deaf ears. If it did, and it would "go in one ear and out the other," I would then have to tell him to find a short plank somewhere, box up his emotions, and throw away the key to my heart.

I find it a turn off when a guy comes unglued at the seams and loses all site of his life---and himself---because he has the "hots" for me. My online Egyptian husband from Egypt has done it plenty of times to me--and still does----and although I love him, I have felt "tied up," having had some "knock down drag out fights", where I have had to tell him to----get a life, sweetie.

0|0
    0|0
    • my friend is tightly wrapped around him such as in love and as a person. she post so many pictures of him it will annoy anyone. she live with him and I can understand the guy. if you been with someone for a year, there's no need to babysit. if you can't handle love then obviously you not grown enough. you still a child if you are wrapped around like that and forget about yourself and life

• Show All
    • she stayed around him so much and I told her long ago this would happen

• "Wrapped around" and----"glued at the hip.:((xx

• Yes, Clinginess is never healthy.

Have your own identity because if that relationship were to end things

could take a turn for the worse (to the extent maybe even become suicidal).

People like this strike me as mentally unstable.

They must be going through a lot they may not be sharing.

1|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation. I once dated a guy who was extremely obsessive and clingy and hypocritical. He would get extremely pissed if I were to hang out with the girls for a few hours or if I had to go to bed early because I had to get up early for work and etc. It was just too much. He got to do whatever he wanted but he would always try to stop me from doing what I wanted or had to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would. I don't' enjoy being with a needy , clingy soul. A healthy balance is essential

0|0
    0|0
  • no I like girls who are possessive and jealous. I hate to see girls leaving their boyfriend at home and going to a place without her boyfriend knowing

0|0
    1|1
  • yes

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, that can become unhealthy, fast.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely before it turns into an obsession.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes