Would having my friend reach out to an ex be a bad idea?

So my girlfriend recently cut me off completely. Funny too because she had even confessed that she thinks she's falling in love with me. Then after a stressful weekend she deleted me on Facebook and ignored me.

I've tried to reach out and got nothing. My female friend has several theories as to why and suggested we do one of three things. First being for us to go to her house and confront her. This could either be bad or good. The second is that my friend could call her and talk to her. She said she can either say I don't know she's doing this or say I wanted her to. Again though, it could either backfire or be beneficial. The third option is to just forget it all together. I run the risk of never getting closure but I also don't risk being pushy if she's dealing with stuff and just needs space. Thoughts?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• i would send her one message telling her you love her and you see a long term relationship with her could really turn into something amazing but you're happy to give her space and leave it at that, if she comes round within a month then gently ask her what was the matter and if she never contacts you again then just move on and forget her but at least she won't be able to complain that you didn't care and abandoned her when she was having a bad weekend.

i do think its unacceptable behaviour for her to throw her weight around and delete you though unless you were the cause of her stress, don't go to her house and confront her it won't end well as she will feel cornered and will argue defensively and your friend may mean well but the girlfriend will feel attacked by your friends and may distance herself even more or accuse you of not being able to handle your own problems

• Those are all valid points. I did send her a message a few days ago saying that I care about her and will be here if/when she's ready to talk. It's been two weeks though so I'm not holding my breath. Although, admittedly, I have screwed up a relationship or two due to my drive to want to know why something went south, where if I had just backed off things would have turned around. It's just annoying to be cut off in such a way. If she comes around she better have a good reason or I may be done.