I'm scared if we ever break up?

I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year... he is the first serious relationship I have ever been in... he makes me happy and he respects me a lot... but I am falling in love with him... and its causing me to act in ways I shouldn't act... and one thing is it's causing me to become scared... I'm scared if we ever break up... I have constant fear... is this normal? what can I do to relax myself?
I am not scared to be committed... I am scared that I will become committed and in the end get hurt...

41

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't an unreasonable fear because it is very likely to come true. When a couple breaks up it usually occurs that one if not both parties get hurt. That is the risk that comes with love though. I know it makes you emotionally vulnerable to give your heart to someone but love is worth the pain--otherwise everyone wouldn't be trying so hard to find it.

<3