I'm scared if we ever break up?

I have been with my boyfriend for almost a year... he is the first serious relationship I have ever been in... he makes me happy and he respects me a lot... but I am falling in love with him... and its causing me to act in ways I shouldn't act... and one thing is it's causing me to become scared... I'm scared if we ever break up... I have constant fear... is this normal? what can I do to relax myself?
Updates:
I am not scared to be committed... I am scared that I will become committed and in the end get hurt...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't an unreasonable fear because it is very likely to come true. When a couple breaks up it usually occurs that one if not both parties get hurt. That is the risk that comes with love though. I know it makes you emotionally vulnerable to give your heart to someone but love is worth the pain--otherwise everyone wouldn't be trying so hard to find it.

<3

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think that's an unreasonable fear. Break ups can suck big time.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, its normal. What isn't normal though is the extent of that fear. People with an extreme fear of being hurt tend to want to control things, thus suffocating their partner.

Be positive. There is always a chance of breaking up in any relationship, I suggest you cross that bridge if/when you get there. There is life on the other side too. But for now, live in the present. Enjoy love and life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey so I was in the same situation you are in right now. Love can be confusing, and sometimes emotions can get in the way. I'm sure that if you've been together for that long there's nothing to be scared of. Just relax OK. When the time is right you'll know that those three words will be worth it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Love does that to a person

Have you said I love you to one another yet?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes