I told my ex I was having suicidal thoughts and he dumped me on the spot. Is this what all guys would do?

I suffer from depression. Although it's mild most of the time, there is day almost every month or every other month that it gets really, really bad.

Since we text all of the time, I usually tell him when I feel super insecure and depressed. The last two times, (two months ago and last week) he's dumped me. Both times through text.

The last time he did it, which was in November, he sincerely apologized. Because he said sorry, I thought when I was having suicidal thoughts I could confide in him.

He said that if I was going to say shit like that, then we wouldn't work out. It was the first day he was away at a new university, forty minutes away. He dumped me at two am, through text and hasn't contacted me since.

Would all guys react this way? We've been together for over a year, and I thought he actually loved me.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• he doesn't want to be in a relationship where he's constantly got to therapise you once a month for a few days and worry about what trivial (to him in his opinion) things you're feeling suicidal over and if you're actually going to do it. from his reposinse he thinks you're being melodramatic and I don't thin he has the patient empathising personality, he seems more of a focused person who sucks things up and has no time for weakness. he doesn't want to have to mother you and carry you all the time as you'll be less of a girlfriend and more of a burden he has to support

• It sucks that you're a hundred percent right. That's him. The thing that bugs me is that I really feel like that and I can't control my depression all of the time. I want someone there when I slip up to say, "I love you. You're perfect in my eyes." He says that he said it once and it's stupid that he has to do it again. Do you think it's wrong of me to tell him how I feel?

• not at all but I think itll fall on deaf ears and he won't care, sorry for the rubbish spelling I've been using mobile predictive text. he will know you'll do it over and over and he will just dump you again or snap at you and call you some nasty names like nutcase (you totally arent) I think the best thing to do here is leave him alone and find someone who has more patience, is kind and loving and supportive. he's got a jerk personality and its the last thing you need right now