Getting over a feeling of 'abandonment'

with most guys, (aka real men), their need to shield or protect their girl from harm is undeniably innate. They would protect them because they cared.

I recently left and broke up twice with this guy who wouldn't help me when it was his 'duty' to do so.

How do I find someone who is caring enough to care/ protect me from harmsway ? A few guys seem interested and I can't bring myself to trust.

I almost fear that every is going to do the same thing, just leave me when I need the help the most...

advice needed on how to heal because even though I broke it off, I felt like my ex was non existent

and was just there for financial support and when he needed me.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• The good news is there are plenty of real men out there. The problem is you may not be taking your time or cutting your self short by not finding out how someone is long enough before hooking up with them.

Looking at your age I am sure you are having issues immaturity with this kids walking around with flat rimmed hats and pants hanging half way down thinking they are bad. Anyone dressed like this is not a "real man" they are poser boys looking ridiculous and talking smack.

Take your time when on your search for a real man that will respect you and open doors for you. Those are the guys that will protect you be there in times of need and put your needs before his own.

We are easier to spot than you think. They are the guys that you would normally pass up for thinking as weaker because they are respectful enough to themselves not to waste their time on someone who isn't ready for real.

Almost like a right of passage. When you are ready your eyes will be open to that sort of man. He may even find you.

The advice I have for you is to realize (as it sounds like you have) that you deserve better. Take time for yourself and respect yourself enough to take time to really get to know somebody before hooking up. You seek and do not settle for anything less than the man you want. It may take a while a long while or it may be tomorrow. But the timing isn't up to you so chill and prepare yourself for that guy that will be what you desire!...

Erase your past of those losers, Be grateful to them , that they showed you what you don't want and will not settle for ever again !

Good luck

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you much :),

• I hope so. I suck at flirting to be honest. part of it is my confidence has been affected and so I'm concentrating on work and working out at the gym. hopefully I find someone. I haven't hooked up with my ex, he was catholic