Is this the best way to handle a break up?

So I just had a talk with one of my buddies who had a break up 8 months ago they had a 4 year relationship. The girl fell out of love maybe (GIGS) with no 3rd party involve

basically he told me stuff what he did to move on and how to handle the ex after the break up and now after 8 months it seems the ex girlfriend wanted to get back with him but he doesn't want her back anymore..

So here's the thing he did told me

- He did not remove the ex from Facebook he just stayed away from all social media and basically started improve himself going to gym, financial, job.

- He never contacts the ex after break up

- When the ex text or called he answer indifferent or he is busy so he needs to go and sometimes he doesn't reply when he feels he doesn't need to reply..

Like he doesn't give a f*ck mentality. He said that dealing with the break up is hard but he needed to tell himself everyday when he wakes up that is over from day 1.

He said that removing ex in Facebook and ignoring seems immature for him. So he just left the ex there and he never keeps tab on what she is doing..

but he knows his boundaries he said. There are times like they NC for 2 months and ex suddenly contacts him but he doesn't care what she says or wants..

He just started living his life and just treated the ex like a normal person when she contacts him. He also said that he replies when he finish all the things he needed to finish.. he doesn't make the ex priority in his life.

Listen guys I am not saying you should follow all the things that he did. every situation is different.

maybe this guy.. this is just how he handled the break up perfectly..

What do you guys think?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds good he is trying to forget her all together. Usually when my girlfriend break up with me I usually goto the gym every day and pretty much over do it. I can't help it honestly I don't know why. I never had a break up where she just fell out of love, they all cheated on me and or used me for what ever so all together I was always pissed after every break up. I usually like I said goto the gym and try and forget it and get my mind off of it. I also usually hang with friends to get my mind off of everything again