Do you think me and him will get back together anytime soon or ever?

Okay so my ex tells my friends were on a break then tells me he doesn't know and wants a break up but he'll think about it with us getting back together. On Friday he hugs and kisses me goodbye like he always did then today doesn't even make an effort to hug the same way and says bye nicely before I could even hug or kiss him. Ugh then I find out from his best friend that he still told his buddy that were only on a break but that "he doesn't think we'll stay on a break much longer". Were all so confused what does he mean by all this? Is it good or bad? Should I be worried? And did he mean stay broken up or that were about to get back together. And trust me if you knew him you'd know he's no player I was his first real girlfriend. I mean he was the sweetest guy anyone could've told you that and then this week he tells my friends that "he doesn't like me anymore and how he lost feelings for me awhile ago but kept pretending to like me but likes some other girl he refuses to tell anyone who even his own friends we all think he's just been acting weird. But pretending to like me can't be true just the week before the breakup and before that a lot I would make him think I was gonna dump him a lot nd he'd cry or freak out and get affectionate and ask for another chance. He was changing a little but just ended up changing completely after that week. He still acts like he likes me and wants me back I swear to you but he tried to hide it and act like he doesn't care. He also acts confused a lot :/ I'm sick of the mixed signals and my therapist says he's playing mind games. He'll tell his friends "oh I love her and were only on a break " then say "oh I don't like her were staying broken up" nd now he's so pissed at me. He was telling his friends today how he doesn't care about me and how that's why he dumped me yet that wasn't the real reason he gave everyone at first. He was acting so pissy and stared at his friend then asked him "not that I care but are you and her going out? Well you should Because I'm about to date another girl anyway". Lol wtf? Then talked about the mean letter I gave him and was like "look at my face does it look like I give a fuck" yet when I talked to him later that day he was so nice to me and hugged me when I asked and looked like he was gonna cry when I brung up the letter but claimed he was only "a little ticked off" and I asked why he said those things to my friends and he wouldn't answer he just said "I gotta go you told me not to talk to you anyway". He even gave me all the stuff back I gave him I mean I demanded for them back and he gave me back more than what I asked for and he kept them for weeks after the break up even told me he still slept with the stuffed dog I gave him every night :'). I mean I'm not tryn to get my hopes up it's just what I feel but don't it seem like he still cares and has feelings but he's lying just to play these games? And make it seem like he don't care what I wanna know is does he still like me and want me back?

01