Broke up because of the Army?

I don't know what to do. My boyfriend of 10 months broke up with me because he is in the Army, his future is unclear, he's too far away, and says he can't do a relationship right now. But he tells me I'm perfect and he hates the thought of me with someone else. He says he still cares about me and wants me to be happy. I don't know what to, We're just friends now, but he says he can still take me on dates when he comes home. Any advice here would be great.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• To me it seems like he broke up with you because of you. Like he thought it would be better for you. He's going into the army and when he said his futures unclear maybe he said that because he has a high chance of dieing. That woukd be very hard on anyone if there boyfriend passed. he be far away and all you would do would be worrying and missing him and like you said he wants you to be happy. And I think he knows being a army girlfriend isn't easy. It sounds like he cares about you a lot and I think that was a very romantic, selfless thing to do. When your in the army, you don't really have anything and a girlfriend or something could be that hope that helps you push through everday, so I deffently dint think he broke up with you because he's happier without you. What your suppous to do? That's really up to you, but I think there's more to it then you think for the reasons he broke up with you.