Getting my boyfriend back?

My boyfriend and I are on a break and we booth agreed we needed space from one another and we decided that we'll sort things out when he gets back.

In the process he told me I could date other people, which I'm guessing means he's giving himself the license to fool around over there and not get yelled at by me when he gets back.

After he stated that, I'd told him I wouldn't forgive him if he did anything with anyone over there, so he'll probably double think that statement of his if he decides to do something stupid because he made it clear that he definitely wants to be with me when he gets back. I've made it clear that I won't wait for him forever and that I'm not a consolation prize.

I have a good 5 months before he gets back here so from now I want to know what it is I have to do to make sure he gets back to me and wants to stay there.

any helpful suggestions, links, books or advice are welcome! :)

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I don't know your exact situation.

How long have you been with him?

WHY does he want a break?

WHY is he away for so long?

Sorry to be so personal, but just trying to figure what's going between you two.

From my own experience, breaks suck! However, everytime I have had a break, he always came back to me.

You just need to keep a straight head about this. Number one, I would tell him that you do not want the break. Cuz, clearly, I do not think you do love! And, then go from there!

Make clear that you do not want him fooling around with anyone else and that you won't tolerate that.

You need to know why he wants this break, as well.

If he still insists on a break, and you choose to stay with him through this, then you need to stay calm and 'cool' about it.

Don't show that you are overly needy. Just more or less, treat him as a friend. Don't show him that things bother you, or you get jealous. But, be FIRM. If he is messing about with other girls, let him know that you aren't interested anymore in him, because he shows no value in you.

You need to show him that you ARE a great catch! And, by standing your ground in a nice manner, you will.

Just be open at first and let him know how exactly you feel. Then, go from there and update us!

xoxo hugs to you love! Breaks are so terrible to go through

• We've been together for a year, he's gone abroad on a scholarship (yes I'm dating a nerd)

He said he didn't want to hurt me any more and he didn't want to feel bad because he forgot to talk to me (which would become very often eventually because of the time difference, which is about 6 hours... I'm the one who's in the time zone that's ahead, and the many tours and outings he'll take) I've taken this break better than the last one.

• He knows that I won't forgive him if he does anything with any other girl, which I think was a smart thing to say on my part because he cannot use that as an excuse anymore.

And I'll know if he lies to me or not, I have people who can get everything out of him.

Now I need to know what to do to make him want to come by my side, and stay there.

• Honestly, it sounds like he is just scared because you are long distance. It can work though! I know you are both busy, but if you love each other, it can work. Maybe he is worried you will get lonely and mess around with other guys? I think you need to call him! And, call him now. Tell him you love him and you don't need a man in your life, but you WANT HIM. And, that you and him can make it work. You just have to understand the time zone difference. And @ your nerd, nerds are awesome!