I'll be leaving the site, soon. Will you miss me?

So I've decided I'll be leaving the site, after being here for nearly five years. It's been fun. But yeah, since I'm going, I thought I'd ask you all if you'll miss me, or if you have anything you want to say before I go. So, is there anything? Anything you wanted to say to me before I leave? Any questions? Will I be missed?

Yeah, I'm not sure what else to say. I just thought I'd let you all know, and ask a few questions before I do, maybe give you an opportunity to ask me something, too.
  • Yes.
    Vote A
  • No.
    Vote B
  • Wait, who are you again?
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
(Here's hoping that since this actually does contain questions, it won't be deleted nonsense)
Well, I got my name changed, I think everybody's been notified, and so many of you have given me many kind words in the last week. I should be gone within the next 12 hours, or so, I think. (Unless I sleep in.)

Again, thank you all, and goodbye!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well knowing I can talk to you other ways def makes it all Better! :) I will moss reading your truthful answer and good questions! But ill still ttyl :)

0|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 30

• Wow, sweetie, so sorry to hear this. This is actually the first time I have seen you here myself.

I just joined January 1, 2014, and it was like all doors opened up for me HERE, with ALL of you. Listening to peoples' problems and helping them, for the better part of my life, has been rewarding, and I am so very fortunate here to be able to once more carry on my "professionalism."

I see you are a "10," and I would imagine, over the 5 years, as having earned this prestige, to sort of speak, that your "shoulder to cry on" has been a great asset to everyone who has been in need. In a matter of nearly a month, I have been so proud to have been notified of being now a"7", hoping soon to get to the level where you are.

I don't understand, if you have a computer, why you are "saying good bye" to everyone here? Unless your life has taken a turn in a new direction, I just want to say "good luck," sweetie, and I am sure, whoever knows you best here, and also quite sure you will be sorely---"missed."

PS: Hmmm, wait a minute, maybe I have "met" you on "another note" here...I believe I recognize the cool shades..:))xx

0|0
    0|0
    • Well it's nice to see that there's new blood coming in, who are still trying to help.

Anyway, you can still look up my answers, if you like ( link ) though I don't know if you'd be interested. Nice to meet you. Good luck with GirlsAskGuys. I hope you put in as much effort and care as I did. (Gosh that sounds smug when I think about it. Ugh!)

• Show All
    • It depends on what I am trying to say to get across..but really, I am "harmless as a fly". Just expressions, never try to hurt anyone, just help. Makes things more interesting, and most people, really enjoy them..Hmm, Benet Brauer, you say? Let me..."link"...hmmm(in other wards, "think'.lol get it?lol

• I don't really know you, but I have seen you on here a few a times.

You may have answered one of my questions once, but I can't be sure.

First, kudos for lasting 5yrs on here. That's a long time. Second, good luck!

I hope life treats you well and you get all you desire from it : )

Also, you are clearly a very well liked guy on here and a lot people

are gonna miss you. That's really cool! : )

0|1
    0|0
    • Well, not quite five years. I'm a couple months shy of five years. Still, thank your well wishes.

I am actually pretty surprised by the nice things said about me as I'm leaving. It's touching. (Yes, it is cool, too.)

• Your welcome : ) And, why are you surprsied about the nice things people are saying about you?

• Another departure? Dang! First Leto, then Slugg, now you! But yeah, you answered my first question on this site and your insightful answer was so helpful that it led to me sticking around. Many thanks for your time and good luck with everything.

0|1
    1|1
    • oh slugg is not gone:P

• Show All
    • Leto, El Muerto. R.I.P.

• Leto left a long time ago. I honestly don't know if he left on his own or was forced to leave, but he's gone. For about 3 months, now, I think, maybe 4.

• I don't recall ever interacting with you but I have seen some of your answers and you seem like a nice guy and give good advice. Farewell:)

0|1
    0|0
  • Yea, I will! Thanks for the warning message though.. You always gave good answers that I actually considered. So thanks for your time and advice and wish you all the best.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if you'll miss me too! because I don't know you :D! Though I've seen you around... I think..

Have a nice life! :p! & I wish you the best!

ciao ciao!

:]!

1|0
    0|0
  • Although I don't think we've ever interacted, I will say that after reading your question, you're very articulate and that's always an excellent quality to have - especially on the internet. But anyway, I wish you the absolute best and I'm sure you will be missed from this site by all those whose questions you answered and helped.

Have an awesome life. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • wow 5 years nice:)

well I haven't known you for very long, but your a good bloke=] you giv great advice and I thank you for that. I wish you all the best with your future. remember to take the advice that you give to others=]

tc of yourself byeeee=]

0|0
    0|0
  • Hm, I don't recall ever interacting with you, so I can't say that I'll miss you... I've noticed you around though.

But 5 years is a long time, why did you decide to leave now?

Seems like a number of old users have been disappearing lately... Kind of a shame, especially when the site is about to bring new updates and all...

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I would miss you, your questions are pretty interesting to me and also you're a very exquisite individual :) But I'll see ya around, won't I.

2|1
    1|1
  • Yes of course.Thanks for giving great advice! Hope you will have a good time in your life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorry, I don't know you but seems like you have fun & did well on here.

Good luck in life! :D

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'll admit that even though I don't really KNOW you,you ARE well known here.

good luck,dude.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do know you but I can't say that I have directly interacted with you! I've been here since 2008 so it's possible that we have, but I don't remember. Goodbye though, have a nice fulfilling life :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh sure I will *sarcasm*

5|3
    6|2
    • Seems a bit uncalled for, but hey, I don't remember you, or possibly never knew you, so don't worry, between my unfamiliarity of you, and your bitchy sarcasm, you can rest assured the feeling is mutual, and I will miss you about as much as you miss me.

• I like your answers. But, the decision is yours and I'm sure that you have your own reasons to leave.

Good luck ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • While I might lose you on the site, I'm not losing you in my cyberscape..

and besides..

Yer only a province next door :P

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll surely be missed. But I'll see you around on Steam instead! Take care!

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a shame you are leaving I remember you from the first ever account I had on here. I liked your answers so you will be missed. Its seems like everyone's leaving but best wishes for the future :)

0|0
    0|0
  • what made you decide it was time to leave? do you feel you have benefitted in any way from the time you've spent here?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, I've gotten a decent amount of money on amazon from coming here. I've met a few people I genuinely regard as friends on here, and I've taken some pride in knowing that I've truly helped a few people. So yes, I've benefited in the past. How about you? You're a level 10. How do you feel about your time spent here?

• What made you stay as long as you did?

What have you learned most from being on here throughout the years?

0|0
    0|0
    • I stayed as long as I did because I liked it here. It was entertaining and I enjoyed helping people. Also the admin staff treated me pretty well for most of that time, so that was a good incentive to stay, too. Making friends here didn't hurt, either. I didn't really learn much from my questions, though, but that was because I didn't ask a whole lot of serious questions. Partly because my relationship didn't suffer many troubles. But one thing I did learn is people can be dumber than I expected.

• Show All
    • I think it gave me a little more perspective on a couple things.

• Why not just go inactive? You could just change the password and not log in and if you decide to come back, click "forgot your password"?

Just wondering...maybe it's easier to leave?

• i don't really know you but congrats on staying on till 5 years and have a great life

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we miss you already you've been kind of quiet lately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure. Cos you're a canadian and generally fair to others. I'm biased ha

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm biased, too!

I'm a canadian of immediate British descent and some french descent. I look down my nose at you grubby American swine, three different ways, while I eat my poutine, and laugh a froggy laugh, saying "Ho ho ho ho ho", watching a Hockey Game, and listening to Sex Pistols.

lol But seriously, thanks for the laugh. Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ( link )

• err which? engrish or irish? or how about the scottrish?

• I don't know you. But I do have a question, why have you decided to cancel your account?

0|0
    0|0
  • Who are you and why should I care

1|0
    2|2
  • Good luck with your life. Sorry to see you go.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be interested as to why you're leaving?

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah why dude don't leave.

• Show All
    • Well I'm interested because I have considered leaving...and since this clearly isn't a spur if the moment decision I'm really interested! If you're not comfortable explaining why you're leaving no problem but I don't feel I can answer your question without knowing why :)

• Good luck :)

• Good bye and have a good life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry but I don't know you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• Best wishes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey Toban, good luck, never answered my questions, but I have seen you good some dam good advice. Intelligent bloke. We need some more people like you on this site. I think you will be sadly missed. good luck and best wishes for the future Toban.

Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • You're one of those few users that was here before I was (I joined 2010)!

You always gave good insight and was always very knowledgeable about comic books!

I will miss you on GaG, see you on PSN & on Google Talk!

0|2
    0|2
    • Oh wow, I thought you were here much longer than that! I joined in 2008.

• I'll never understand why people 'leave' websites. If it's for personal reasons like harassing members, bad staff, boring, etc., just don't post and keep in touch with members you have gotten close to. Or take a break from the site and come back if you miss it or want something to do. Maybe you'll have questions in the future.

But good luck with your future endeavors man. I don't know you too much but I have seen you post.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone seems to get their fill of it after awhile, though you certainly stuck at it for a good spell. Why ya leaving? Do you fart in mixed company? How much money do you make a year? Do you ever pick your nose and wipe it on the underside of other peoples couches? Have you ever tried eatin it? Have you ever kicked a small child?...Just some things I always wonder about other people. All the best!

0|0
    0|0
    • I do fart in mixed company, and I own up to it... or blame the dog. I make enough money per year, but I could make more. I don't pick my nose, generally, unless I have a tissue or a Q-Tip, but most often, I just use tissues and blow really hard. I have not tried eating it, to my recollection. (Maybe as a kid. I don't remember.) I might have kicked a small child when I, myself, was a small child, as well.

• Fair enough! Now that I feel I know you, I'll miss you!

• Yeah, we'll miss you, bud.

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=6BTIaBVgNdU

1|0
    0|0
  • GAG needs all the Manitobanian Canuckistani's it has. I don't get why anyone would totally leave this site. Maybe you're moving to somewhere beyond the www. That's not that hard to do up north, there. But please reconsider.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm also at 5 year and while I don't think I'll cancel the account, I'll probably go inactive soon.

I always like reading your questions and answers, and I hope you'll check in once in a while.

0|0
    0|0
    • Jesus, I'm a little surprised to hear that from you. Especially after saying insinuating (or flatout saying) that I just pander to the lowest common denominator, or how you blocked me from commenting on your questions and answers for quite a while, there. You're pretty close to the last person I expected to say nice things about me. Call me shocked.

• Don't remember having blocked you..must not have been important. I rarely leave people blocked long; maybe I just wanted to end a convo about something.

Anyway, I don't have anything against you, and your answers were often interesting, even though you rarely answer my questions.

• This my cue? Can't say I'll actively miss you, but in theory, sure. Admittedly I did find you rather annoying when meebo was up though... You never shut up :) I say that in a nice way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your good input and the way you formulated that input will be greatly missed. You also had the best comic knowledge and questions.

Take care man, hope you the best.

0|0
    0|0
    • I also know a ton about movies and music too! I'm a well rounded geek. Now if only I can lose another 50 pounds and be a little less rounded. Haw!

I'll miss you, Ketfoen!

• i'll miss you to man. You're a great guy.

• I've gathered that you're a pretty smart and knowledgeable guy, from your answers. and your input will, definitely, be missed.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks, newbie. Too bad I didn't get a chance to know you better. Take care of this place for me, after I'm gone, ok?

• Im still relatively new to this site so honestly I don't really know you. You don't, however, seem like a person that trolls on this site so I guess ill miss you. Kudos

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I'll remember you man. Thanks for message that you sent me. You've always seemed to be very knowledgeable about comic books so I'll perhaps message or email you for information in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one ever leaves... they just take breaks...

3|4
    0|0
    • Best answer

• We'll see. If I come back, then I suppose all this big production of a long goodbye will turn out to be for nothing. If so, I'll come back and laugh about this sappy crap. We'll all have a nice, big laugh.

• I am the answer, BOW DOWN MORTALS... link

• Yeah you always seemed to give out the most in depth and well thought out responses to questions on here. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good luck in all of your endeavors. You absence will be felt.

0|0
    0|0
    • On this site? Somehow I doubt it. I'm sure this site will be just fine without me. Still, thank you for saying so, sir.

• I honestly had forgotten that you were still here, but you're a cool dude. I'll certainly miss having you around. May Dr. Who be with you

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • Good luck man! It's been good chatting with you, discussing movies, women, etc., etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • We talked about women? That much I don't remember, but the movies, of course! Anyway, thanks for the well wishes.

• You were a classy mate always have been. Have a good life live it to the fullest.

0|0
    0|0
  • No

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are you leaving?

DON'T GGOOOOOOOOOOOO

0|0
    0|0
  • for sure dude...i'll miss you man...

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait who are you again?

0|0
    0|0
  • Farewell Tobin Frost you cool bald dude

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. Actually, I haven't been (completely) bald for at least four years! Though I have had a mohawk, recently. link Anyway, thank you!

• I'll miss you for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Praise the Sun!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes