I am livid that my ex still hasn't taken down Facebook photos of me.

it's been a month and something. for the love of god, why is it so hard to take down five pics and 2 videos from your Facebook page? I don't want to message him, don't want to talk to him, it's over but as a privacy issue, I don't want it on there.

someone mentioned that I can get a lawyer to write an ultimatum. I am concerned about it and I have messaged Facebook. how long does it take for them to remove things?

I just don't want any connection with this guy ever. I haven't put his pictures as public or open in privacy like that. I know this loser goes on his Facebook a lot.

my want is he moves on quick and takes down my photos. I just don't want anything to do with him.
Updates:
never mind! my block button worked. and reported the pics and they're removed :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If it bothers you that much, send him a quick text asking him kindly to please remove the photos. It doesn't have to be some long conversation.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Ultimatum for what? You willingly let him put the pics up, he's not defacing you or slandering you, all you can do is send a request to Facebook customer support, but good luck with that.

You don't get to throw a hissy fit just because you don't like him anymore. The internet is a public place, you let him put pics there, walk it off.

0|2
    0|0
  • You haven't actually asked him to take them down but you're annoyed that he hasn't taken them down? I'm sorry but in what version of reality is it considered normal to erase every trace of a person you broke up with? Life is life, shit happens, move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have asked him to take them down. gee thanks

• Well, what did he say about it? It's like other people have already pointed out though, he has no obligation to erase you from history.

• They are his photos. This is the risks you take in the digital age. I don't know that any lawyer would do anything as long as he's not breaking any laws.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand how this affects you really. You were a part of his life so I don't see why he has to not have photos of you on a web site that documents it.

0|0
    0|0
  • That someone who told you to get a lawyer is completely wrong as there is nothing that you can do to compel him, legally or otherwise, to remove the photos. It's his Facebook and his pictures. This is a free country and he has every right to leave them up as long as he wants. Having said that, I understand how you feel and believe that it's pathetic that he has them up, but there's nothing that you can do. He'll most likely remove them once he either realizes that it's really over, or, more than likely, becomes attracted to another.

0|0
    0|0
    • Point here, that unless it is a scam artist or false profile, there is nothing they care to get involved in.

• It's more than that. She has no legal ground on which to stand. He didn't break the law to produce or obtain them, nor is he breaking the law by displaying them. Any lawyer who advises otherwise is only doing so to charge her consultation fees and will never take it to court because he knows that a judge would laugh at him. Plus, the more fuss she makes about the photos, the more likely he is to keep them up just to spite her.

• @the update. Things don't work that way. Facebook, the courts, nor any other authority have no reason for which they will remove, or compel him to remove, the photos. You can't see them because you blocked him. Now, if they're gone, then he read your message and decided to remove them as an olive branch (or he's hiding them from any mutual friends) and probably replied, but you never got it since you blocked him. If he figures out that you blocked him, he might add them again to spite you.

• why are you going on his FB?

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as they are his photos, he can do whatever the hell he wants with them. The fact that you're in them, is irrelevant.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• He probably thinks there may be a slight chance you two will reunite again, and is just leaving them up for now. I am guilty of this myself in the past, where I won't take down or even change anything, not even a status, until I am absolutely sure it is what it is. He is most likely doing the same thing.

What I might suggest, as to not get too technical in this whole matter, is go on NEWS FEED, and advertise straight out that you are not with HIM anymore, and allow all of your friends to see that he and you are truly over. Maybe it isn't what you want to hear, but just a suggestion.

I realize you don't want the connection, and unless he is some scam artist on Facebook, they will just overlook it, so don't over think it.

Just go ahead and block him. This way it is out of sight, hopefully out of mind. Eventually anyways. But before you do, it won't hurt to send him a friendly Facebook message.

I'm sorry you and him had this falling out. You sound very bitter and uptight about this "loser." But the funny thing I always found with Facebook, that whenever I had deleted someone, blocked them, and convinced myself it was OVER, sometimes it fooled me. I ended up unblocking them, putting them back on my friends list, and changing my stats and even more...Putting back on all the pix, all the memories, and even----adding more. Even after thinking I was so sure this was it, that there was never going to be another chance of putting this "loser" back on MY wall again, somehow, in some way, I missed doing Facebook with them.xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes