Is staying away from the ex the best way to get over her?

I have had girlfriends before, but I have been lucky that none were really in my close circle.

I took a chance and dated someone from my circle last year. We dated for almost a year and then she broke up with me.

It's hard for me to get over it because we have friends in common and there are functions where there is a chance of running into her.

I am seriously considering leaving this group/circle for my own sanity.

Some would say this is a defeat, and I am letting her win. However, isn't my sanity and heart more important.

It sucks that I would lose some friends and access to some events in the process.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• don't over think it. I guess it's easier said than done. I'm guilty as well of beating myself up after a break up. um...I have retained most of my friends and they're people who are professionals or I went to school with..

My ex did clean house and is only in his small pocket of friends.

and I feel there is no set rules.

honestly do what's healthy for yourself.

I cut some of his 'friends' because they started demeaning me. In the end, doesn't matter if they're her or yours, if they are good people and shut up about drama, it's fine.

my personal rule is, drama free friends only

I am avoiding mine. nothing wrong with that