Having trouble trusting my boyfriend?

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, but I found out last year that he cheated on me sometime in beginning of our relationship. I believe it happened within the first 2 months of us dating. I guess he kissed some other girl, who was actually a friend of mine. Well, I decided to forgive him because he convinced me that he was truly sorry for it. So here we are now, a year later... The good news is that he has really changed a lot since then and I do believe that we have grown closer since that hard time. But, the bad part is that I still have trouble trusting him. Even though has been a great boyfriend to me since that hard time, I still worry that it could happen again. Anyone ever been in this situation? Or have any good advice?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just kissed? Don't worry about it. If there haven't been any other signs I wouldn't read that deep into it, you weren't going out very long when he kissed someone else. If you've been together all this time and there aren't any other problems with other girls, then I don't think there's any reason not to trust him. At the same time...trust your instincts. If you truly cannot get over this, and trust him again, then no one is forcing you. If you can't get past this, there's no future for you-- trust is a very important part of a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I mean if you guys have been together for two years and he only kissed a different girl during the first few months, I think it's safe to say he made a mistake. Like you said, he's been a good boyfriend so if there hasn't been any signs of cheating as of lately then I think he's earned your trust?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• lol he prob fucked her

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes