Should I still go if my ex is there?

My best friend is having her birthday get together this weekend at her brothers house with a bunch of our friends. Her brother is my ex boyfriend. Let's just say we hooked up a couple of weeks ago and I haven't talked to him since. Big Mistake that night. I was drunk :/ We do talk to when we see each other but for me it's awkward.. I'm trying to go no contact with him at all. No Facebook, talking, I'm trying to avoid him to forget him but it's hard too since this is a small town and it's hard not to bump into him.

I really want to go because she's my best friend. All of our friends are going to be there. I know she would be hurt if I didn't. I'm not sure if I should go or just tell her I can't because of some reason..or if I should just go and act like nothing happened..

I can't tell her exactly why because it will just make things worse...

What would you do..

32

Most Helpful Girl

• GO. it's your best friend. don't hurt her just because you made a mistake with her brother. we all make mistakes. you can't change it and avoiding him is obviously not possible anyway. don't miss her party over this, it's not worth it. go, have fun with your friends, don't let it be awkward. those are your friends, probably not really is, so if anyone is going to feel awkward it will probably be him. worse comes to worst he will bring it up and then you guys will talk about it. whatever is making you uncomfortable could be out in the open and then the awkwardness could go away. just go and have fun. trust me, from someone who has these kind of situations with guys all the time, no guy should be worth missing your best friend's birthday party. you will regret it.